JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there a way to delete all keymoves in IR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to delete all keymoves in IR? Reply with quote

Housecleaning time Very Happy
If I stick 00 at $401 in 8910, it will zap all keymoves, special keymoves, and macros. I don't want to fiddle with pointers or anything like that, but need only macros retained. I don't fancy hitting delete and answering yes 100 times.

I could use Excel or Notepad. I do know or can easily see where the macros now start. Keymoves are in ECC. The list is a bit shorter than what's now in IR. Keymoves+special protocol keymoves can come in at one time so I don't have to mess with the location of SPs. Can macros stay where they're now or do I have to move them up?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall what sort of re-ordering that IR does, but when the keymoves and macros are programmed manually using the remote, they are both intermixed in the same memory area, so deleting one without deleting the other would be impossible.

It would be really nice if IR had a button to do this though, wouldn't it.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current IR6.15 puts keymoves first, followed by special protocol keymoves, and macros go last. If I recall there are pointers to it around $100 or someplace. I don't want to mess with them really. Any suggestion of the best method? I wonder (and suppose I can find out by experimenting) if macros must be adjacent to keymoves or can they stay where they are.
If I don't do a real delete via IR, notes also would need special handling.

Ouch this is getting dirty, maybe I get a neighborhood kid to to the 100 deletes for me Very Happy

Edited: BTW, It's OK to import keymoves and special keymoves mixed up so long as RDF has no Special protocols section enabled. Then when it gets enabled, IR neatly puts it all into its three sections.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should ask, are we talking about an extender or a normal remote?

In normal remotes, there aren't any pointers used for keymoves and macros, they just start at the designated spot, then if the first byte of the next keymove/macro is zeroes, that's the end.

The only pointers are the ones to the list of device upgrades (at $0100) and the list of protocol upgrades (at $0102).
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8910Ext1. I don't think it matters here, they look similar, just different places.
Pointers - nah! just to devices and protocols or something similar at $100. Just checking if you're alert Very Happy Very Happy
Keymoves start at $400.
It all looks continuous to me, but there is no question that the sequence I described above holds.
There is no zero between keymoves and special protocols.
There is no zero between special and macros, I think, not 100% sure. Seems to be some trash or evidence of moved things.
There is one zero at the end of macros.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the extender has them all in the same section, so the time a zero appears when it should be the beginning of a keymove or macro, it signals the end. There aren't zeroes inbetween because that would also end the whole thing.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECC has provision for preserving macros. It's all in the readme file.
It takes an extra Excel step to arrange Macro data on the Key Moves sheet, but then works just fine as a continuous stream of keymoves, special keymoves and macros and no zeros in the way.
I initially forgot the Fav list. It's after macros Confused . But that part didn't work because ECC can't translate {Pause}. Might require RDF change? I doubt that ECC was ever meant to handle Fav list.
Bottom line: stuffing one initial zero in IR and reimports do the job.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is wrong:
ElizabethD wrote:
I initially forgot the Fav list. It's after macros.

Correction:
In v6.15 Fav list is just before macros, as planned.
I checked the FAV list position on a laptop with IR v610.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: