JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems adding device to 15-2117

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezwrighter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Problems adding device to 15-2117 Reply with quote

Newbie problem I assume....

I attempted to load a previously built device "Infocus_X1_and_4800.txt" from the yahoo/device codes folder into my 15-2117 remote.

I loaded the txt file into KM v8.0 and changed the remote to 25-2117 fro 1994. Everything looked ok, default buttons seemed fine, so I imported it into my current image in IR as an added device. I then uploaded the data, but things were not working correctly.

The functionality seemed to be working, but on the wrong keys. The power toggle was on the "5" key and the power button did nothing! Sad When I check the KM buttons everything looks perfect (The "5" key is actually not mapped to anything).

I did this process with another device and things seemed to work perfectly. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any guideance you can provide.

Eric Zimmerman
sfhub

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance you changed anything besides the remote type?
Maybe OBC got changed to EFC or some other settings changed?
ezwrighter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have redone this setup about 8 times now Sad Nothing seems to help.

I learned the remote codes from my OEM remote and they matched with what the file was saying for protocol and devices. I just wanted to check that things were similar.

I gotta be missing something....

Eric
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could load your saved config (saved from IR) to the diagnosis area (in the Yahoo group). That way someone could take a look and maybe see what's wrong.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems adding device to 15-2117 Reply with quote

ezwrighter wrote:
I attempted to load a previously built device "Infocus_X1_and_4800.txt" from the yahoo/device codes folder into my 15-2117 remote.

I loaded the txt file into KM v8.0 and changed the remote to 25-2117 from 1994. Everything looked ok, default buttons seemed fine, so I imported it into my current image in IR as an added device. I then uploaded the data, but things were not working correctly.
1) Did you use File/Select in IR.exe to select the correct .rdf file before you did anything else?
2) I found a file called "Infocus X1.txt" (it is a projection TV) in the yahoo.jp1 files section, but I did not find anything called "4800.txt" and I would like to review this file. I did not see any files called "Infocus_X1_and_4800.txt" - if it exists, what folder is it in?
3) When you copied and pasted from KM to IR, I know you copied and pasted what was in the "device upgrade code box." Can you tell me if there was anything in the box under it called "protocol code" and if there was, did you copy and paste this into IR also?
4) The file was created for Infocus X1 - is there only one model of this projector? What model do you have if there are more than one? If there are multiple models perhaps you did everything correctly but the manufacturer changed what codes do what. As the 15-2117 is a learning remote, could you learn some buttons from the original remote, such as "power" and "5", upload the remote to IR.exe, and post to us what IR.exe's learning tab says the protocol, devices, OBCs etc are?

Good Luck!
JP1Files
ezwrighter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...some more updated information after fumbling around for awhile.

If I remove all of the functions from number buttons in KM, all other functionality begins to work! It is really weird. whenever I put any function into the 0-9 buttons the EFC codes within IR, for the added device, all show up as the same number.

I would like to put input selections in the number keys so I hope I/we can solve this. Smile

I will upload an IR saved config with something in button 0(the wacky config) and another config without anything in any of the number buttons(The working config but only semi-functional). I zipped them both up under the name - "InfocusX1RemoteProblems.zip".

usblipitor,

1. I download my virgin remote into IR first and it automatically selected the correct .rdf configuration for my remote (The top of IR says RadioShack 25-2117 and everything else is working).

2. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Projectors/Infocus_X1_and_4800.txt sorry for not being more specific.

3. No protocol upgrade was necessary.

4. Only one model and I already checked the learned codes against the config file codes...they all seem correct. I think It has something to do with what I said above.

Thank you all for your quick feedback and responses. I look forward to contributing to the group once I gain enough knowledge.

Eric
sfhub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezwrighter wrote:
ok...some more updated information after fumbling around for awhile.

If I remove all of the functions from number buttons in KM, all other functionality begins to work! It is really weird. whenever I put any function into the 0-9 buttons the EFC codes within IR, for the added device, all show up as the same number.

It's not you, KM v8.00 is not handling the Infocus file correctly. Even if I
load the same infocus upgrade in KM v7.58 and v8.00 without changing
the remote type, they are generating different upgrade codes.

The device upgrade generated by v8.00 (for this infocus file) is incorrect
format so lots of the EFCs become "fixed data" when the device code is
added in IR and the rest of the EFCs are out of order.

Funny, this doesn't happen for another device upgrade I tested, so it
might be something specific to the Infocus upgrade KM v8.00 doesn't like,
possibly the which "set" of keys the keymoves are on.

Try KM v7.58 and I think you will have much better results.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Archive/keymap-master-v7.58.zip

In particular, KM v8.00 is missing 8 bytes of zeros in its generated
device upgrade code.

KM v7.58
Upgrade Code 0 = 14 57 (VCR/1111)
5A 00 DE FE 9E B1 20 1E 8D 73 4B 8B 0B 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00
CF 17 FB 7B 3F 93 1F 13 BF 37 D7
77 B7 D3 B3 2F CB EB 53 33
KeyMoves
13 F3 14 57 8F
End

KM v8.00
Upgrade Code 0 = 14 57 (VCR/1111)
5A 00 DE FE 9E B1 20 1E 8D 73 4B 8B 0B CF 17 FB
7B 3F 93 1F 13 BF 37 D7 77 B7 D3 B3 2F CB EB 53
KeyMoves
13 F3 14 57 8F
End
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfhub wrote:
In particular, KM v8.00 is missing 8 bytes of zeros in its generated device upgrade code.

Ooops... Embarassed

A little bug got in there when I added support for the new style key moves. I'll get a corrected version uploaded later today (or this evening).
ezwrighter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...you guys are awesome! I have never seen a better or more dedicated group.

Thanks again for all of your help solving this issue.

Eric
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
I'll get a corrected version uploaded later today (or this evening).

KM v8.01 is now available. This fixes that nasty little bug. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: