JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Discrete Codes for LiteOn 5005 DVD-R
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
varaonaid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Need Discrete Codes for LiteOn 5005 DVD-R Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for discrete codes and/or workarounds for power on/off for my LiteOn 5005 Dvd Recorder. I've checked all the LiteOn codes at yahoo (for discrete codes). Here are the basic specs:

1. Device: LiteOn 5005
2. Type of device: DVD Recorder
3. JP1 Remote model: Radio Shack 15-2117
4. JP1 user?: Yes
5. Still have original remote?: Yes
6. Checked the file section? Yes, found similar models - no discrete codes

Lite_On_LVW-5101_URC_6131.txt
Liteon-LVW-5001-DVD-player.txt
Liteon_LVD-2001_MPEG4_DVD_Player.txt

7. Checked the Pronto file section: Yes but don't yet know how to check the ccf file for JP1 discrete codes: LiteOn LVW-5005

8. Partially working setup code? Yes, I "learned" all the functions from my original remote
9. Learning remote question? no

If anyone has video input discrete codes/workarounds, I'd be interested in that as well but for now would be happy with powering on and off.

Thanks in advance!
Rachel
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yahoo file section is redundant, most of the files from there have been copied over to here now, so please use links to the new files.

If you must post links to Yahoo files, please read the thread below and then fix your links...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1234
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get information from a CCF file, you use the DecodeCCF program (with DecodeIR.dll). That produces tab delimited ascii text, which can be read into Excel for easy viewing and sorting.

There are no discrete codes included for that DVD in that CCF.

I'm also surprised at your list of JP1 upgrades. I didn't go back to Yahoo to try to get them (your URLs are no good) but I had gotten copies of two of them previously. The LVW-5001 JP1 upgrade matches the LVW-5005 in that CCF file. But the LVD-2001 JP1 upgrade is totally different.

I guess I'm misunderstanding your post. Just telling us those upgrades are there means nothing. The implicit question is which (if either) of those upgrades matched your model well enough to partially work. They're too different for both of them to.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm not using any of those codes. I had already made one from scratch.

I was looking at those codes for any discrete codes they might contain. I just was attempting to follow the list of information that Rob had posted on the sticky section. Sorry about the yahoo links - I didn't realize all the files had moved over here.

If you need the links, I'll find them on this site and repost the urls. Otherwise, any ideas on the discrete codes?

Does that help clarify my question?
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always do what I am getting ready to do with the ilo unit. I am building upgrade files for the ilo and just useing obc 1 through 256. That way when or if I find hidden features I can make a note of them.
Be warned though this could (not to likely) make the unit inoperable.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm just missing the obvious but where are the JP1 device codes that Rob said were moved over to this site from yahoo? I'd like to fix my links and see if anything is posted there that would work for what I need but wasn't sure where to look.

I did click on the file section link at the top of this page bbut the section was empty in my browser.
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to login first. It used to have you login if you clicked file section but now it just brings up empty page (for me anyway) unless you are logged in before clicking file section.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Need Discrete Codes for LiteOn 5005 DVD-R Reply with quote

The discussion seems to have really sidetracked here, Rachel. We've gotten into a debate about posting links, when your question was (and I presume is):

varaonaid wrote:
I'm looking for discrete codes and/or workarounds for power on/off for my LiteOn 5005 Dvd Recorder. ....

If anyone has video input discrete codes/workarounds, I'd be interested in that as well but for now would be happy with powering on and off.

As you have a working upgrade, posting links to those other LitedOn files is sort of immaterial, if they do not have the information for which you search (Except to "prove" that you have indeed tried to look for the answer before posting your question). I think we have determined that none of those files have the discretes you're looking for, so we need to move on to "looking" or "workarounds".

In the "looking" department, it's usually useful to study the upgrade you have built, and to put the functions you know in OBC order (easily done in RM by clicking on the "OBC" column on the "Functions page"). Look for patterns in OBC use. Frequently, there are gaps where several OBCs are skipped, particularly around the OBC for the "Power" toggle function. This can help you find a starting point for the OBC search Whompus describes (build dummy upgrades with your LiteOn protocol and fixed data, and assign all of the "unused" functions (OBCs 0 through 256) and simply test them on your unit. You would have to test them with the unit OFF as well as ON, of course, for a "Power On" discrete).

If there are no discrete functions, then standard workaround (1) for DVDs "Discrete On" is a "Play"-"Stop" macro, since in some DVD players, "Play" turns the unit on. "Discrete Off" would then be a "Play"-"Power" macro.

Standard workaround number (2) is the ToadTog special protocol, which I will not discuss in detail here, but should you need it, you will have to install the extender (highly recommended for various reasons, including Fast Macros, ToadTog, and a HUGE increase in KeyMove/Macro memory!), but from its ReadMe file:

"ToadTog lets you construct toggle functions from discrete functions, and/or construct discrete functions from toggle functions, and/or track the state of device toggles so that other functions may be sent differently depending on that state."

Take a look at the extender documentation (there are several ReadMes in the zip file)

Hope this helps you help yourself some more.

The Capn
varaonaid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional info Capn. Sorry for degrading the thread, I thought from reading the instruction in the sticky that that info was necessary.

I'm going to look into the option that you suggest. Couple of questions though. I'm currently using KM. Should I switch over to RM? Is it better for what I'm attempting to do? Secondly, the codes for the upgrade I've made are in EFC format. Is there a way to switch them over to OBC or does that matter when searching for discretes?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varaonaid wrote:
Should I switch over to RM? Is it better for what I'm attempting to do?

I think it is better, but maybe I just don't know KM well enough.

For example, in RM you can sort the list of functions by OBC with one click (top of the OBC column).

varaonaid wrote:
Secondly, the codes for the upgrade I've made are in EFC format. Is there a way to switch them over to OBC or does that matter when searching for discretes?

In KM you can see both EFC and OBC and you can easily switch which one you use for typing in new functions. I think it makes more sense to use OBC when searching for new functions. But I think seeing the ones you already have sorted in OBC sequence is more important than typing in the new ones by OBC. I don't know any easy way to sort by OBC in KM.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varaonaid wrote:
I'm sure I'm just missing the obvious but where are the JP1 device codes that Rob said were moved over to this site from yahoo?

If you look at the top of this page, you should see the link. Maybe the pic below will help...

Don't worry about fixing the Yahoo links, I went ahead and edited them myself because I was tired of scrolling from left to right to read this thread.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varaonaid wrote:
...I'm going to look into the option that you suggest.
Uhhh.. which option is that? I discuss several. Code Search? ToadTog? Play-Stop macro?
varaonaid wrote:
...Should I switch over to RM?
I would, but it's up to you, and you need to get Java Runtime Environment installed (it's free too - directions are in the RM ReadMe)
varaonaid wrote:
...Is it better for what I'm attempting to do?
In my opinion, yes.
varaonaid wrote:
...Secondly, the codes for the upgrade I've made are in EFC format. Is there a way to switch them over to OBC or does that matter when searching for discretes?
John answered that above, BUT, if you'd uploaded the file you created, by now someone could have provided you with at least an educated/experienced guess as to what OBC's to consider in your discrete search.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I'm really new to this and I guess I keep messing up on this forum. Please forgive me.

Here the link to the file I created:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1996&sid=cf22914951380ea155db20b9d3594cba

Hope that one works OK.

In terms of what options I'm pursuing, I figure I'll start with the workaround since I can have that working immediately. I've never done a lot of this so searching for the discrete codes may take me awhile and in the meantime, I can use the workaround. I'm very interested in the extenders and plan to read more and install one of those. I read somewhere that the only disadvange to the extenders is that I can't use the "learning" feature on the remote. However, I'm sure there are workarounds for that as well and the additional features the extenders provice sound as though they're worth it.

Rob, thanks for fixing the links.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is where you have to roll up your sleeves and get dirty (dirtiER). If you notice in KM, the Code List Tab (the last tab on the right), provides you with a handy-dandy listing of all of the functions you defined, along with the ability to sort them by either EFC or OBC.

When you sort by EFC, they're all over the place. When you sort by OBC, you will notice that all of your functions fall in the OBC ranges of 0-32, or 64-92. I see no OBVIOUS pattern, however. Even the number keys are sort of all over, but looking at OBC's 000-011:

OBC/function
000/power
001/3
002/6
003/9
004/blank
005/2
006/5
007/8
008/blank
009/1
010/4
011/7

I would give OBCs 4 and 8 a try, but then search all of the others in the "active" range, and then proceed to the remainder of the 256 total.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to successfully open the .txt file in RM? I'm switching over to it but so far can't get it to open a .txt file. I was wondering if maybe the file was messed up.

OK, so after I get it opened in RM, I can tryout those different OBC's. I know this is a pathetically basic question but do I simply assign those OBC protocols to a button, upload it to IR then to remote, try the codes on the machine and start again (until I find one that works)?

Thanks again for your help and patience.
Rachel
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: