JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Radio Shack 8 in 1 w/ JVC receiver: possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamrice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Radio Shack 8 in 1 w/ JVC receiver: possible? Reply with quote

I had one of the older Radio Shack remotes, and it worked fine with my video/audio setup. Eventually that remote died (after many years of use), and I replaced it with the new-and-improved model that has an LCD display.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered the new one doesn't have any codes for JVC receivers (why would they take features away?). Before you suggest teaching it codes from the original JVC remote, I must report with frustration that that is not an option: that remote dies years ago.

Hardware:
Sony TV (old, but no problem w/ remote)
JVC RX-515V receiver (the source of my woe)
Samsung VCR (unsure of model; works OK w/ remote)
Philips DVP-642 DVD player (haven't tried programming this into the remote yet).

I'm guessing there is an annoying, laborious way to make this remote work with my receiver, and I'm willing to give that a shot. I'd be grateful for any guidance you folks can offer.

Other options--return remote to Radio Shack for something else (recommendations?); buy a different receiver (seems kind of extreme).

Thanks in advance.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that it is a 15-2116 or 2117 then you are good to go if you want to jump into jp1 programming. Check out the file section and you should find the upgrade you need. Get yourself a jp1 cable, read up on using jp1 tools and load the upgrade into the remote.
adamrice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Errr... Reply with quote

That sounds great, but I'm on a Mac.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Errr... Reply with quote

adamrice wrote:
That sounds great, but I'm on a Mac.

Well that you are almost certainly out of luck with your 15-2116. You could return it and get a remote that has a "modem" in it. Assuming you have a Windows emulator you could run IR and upload to your remote using the WAV file feature. You can read more about this in the archives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: