JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two Directv Tivos (Phillips and Hughes) and a URC-8811 HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcuscthomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Two Directv Tivos (Phillips and Hughes) and a URC-8811 HELP Reply with quote

Is there any restriction on the device code that is used for programming the URC-8811? I tried a number of "new" or unused device codes (like 2000, 2001, 2003, 619, 620...) on the SAT and CBL device keys to program addressable TIVO codes (as a VCR device). After uploading them to the remote and then trying to re-read them, I find that the remote did not accept the codes (no error messages light blinks twice as expected). When I try the factory tivo device numbers (e.g., 618), the remote accepts the re-assignment, but the remote works as if it is programmed as address 0 (that is both TIVOs recognize it). Can anyone help?

Has anyone got a .txt file ready for the URC-8811 with two addressable tivo devices in it?
marcuscthomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update. When I pull the batteries out of the remote before uploading, the write works. However, the codes still don't do anything to my TIVOs (one set for address 1 and the other to 2).

This is a whole different problem. Does anyone have the IR.exe dump for two tivos on a URC-8811?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you installed the device upgrades, did you also install the required protocol upgrade?

I went ahead and created a .txt file ready for the URC-8811 with two tivos (unit code 1 and 2) in it. It is 8811-2-TiVos.zip, which also contains a RM Device Upgrade file and a PDF of the button assignments.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
marcuscthomas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>When you installed the device upgrades, did you also install the
> required " protocol upgrade?

No, Greg, I missed that step. Rookie mistake, I suppose. I have seen a few tutorials around, but nothing yet detailed enough for someone as green as I am. (Building and troubleshooting the interface cable was quite an experience, but I found some good tutorials on that.) However, the forum works well with the experienced helping out the inexperienced.

>I went ahead and created a .txt file ready for the URC-8811 with two
> tivos (unit code 1 and 2) in it. It is 8811-2-TiVos.zip, which also contains
> a RM Device Upgrade file and a PDF of the button assignments.

Thanks for the .txt file and the effort of putting it together. Of course, it worked like a charm. Next, I will be playing around a little with keymoves and some learning. Also, I have a URC-6131 that needs an EEPROM and the pins. That is a project for another day.

Thanks again,

Marcus
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: