JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Understanding/using keymove keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shorton

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Understanding/using keymove keys Reply with quote

Hi Guys:

I'm using a URC 6011. THis is my first time with a JP1 remote. I've added the eeprom, etc., got the software and have it all working, mostly.

I need about all of the keys, or I'll have to setup 2 devices which I was trying to avoid. I ran into some keys that dont' work, i.e. "REW". Its marked as a @ key which is indicated as a "keymove" key.

I don't understand what those are, can I use these keymove buttons for my "device" functions?

Thanks,
Scott
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Understanding/using keymove keys Reply with quote

shorton wrote:
Its marked as a @ key which is indicated as a "keymove" key.

KM or RM automatically generate KeyMoves for keys that need them and include the others in the body of the upgrade.

The remote has a limited amount of KeyMove memory, so sometimes it matters how many KeyMoves an upgrade takes. In which case you might want to check other device types for the upgrade to change which keys need KeyMoves.

But until you're actually short of KeyMove memory it's probably better to just ignore the issue.
shorton

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Sorry, I don't understand. What you said was greek to me. If there is someplace I shoudl go read about what a KeyMove is, I will, but if I can get past this one issue and get these last few keys working, I'm done. I am using the Keymap-master-v8.32 spreadsheet to generate the upgrade code for what that's worth.

I have every single button used on the selected device (using "TV").

What's not working is this: I'm assigning a function, i.e. "left" to a button i.e. "@ PIP". The PIP button does not send the "left" command to my device, but all my other buttons that are't preceeded with a @ do work.

Can you tell me how to make the "@ PIP" button perform the "left" function definced in the functions tab?

Thanks,
Scott
shorton

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just changed my device type to DAT, and it reduced the number of @ buttons, but I've still got 4 of them (that I need to use).

Noticed the layout tab which says I only have 36 buttons to work with. Am I working against that limit (36) per device (i.e. DAT)?

Thanks,
Scott
sfhub

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have 36 buttons to work with as part of the device upgrade
(table which maps buttons to functions)

The rest of your mappings will be implemented as keymoves, which
use a separate memory pool.

The net effect for the end user will be very similar, virtually the same.
From the programmers standpoint there are slight differences.
shorton

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's good news but how do I get them to work? I'm doing everything the same yet those (the "@" ones) are the only ones that do not work when done.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a copy of your saved KM/RM file and saved IR file, and we'll take a look.

If you are interested, you can read the What and Why of JP1.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)

Last edited by gfb107 on Mon May 02, 2005 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the following doesn't tell you where and why those KeyMoves are lost, you should put the saved file from KM and the saved file from IR.EXE in the diagnosis folder for us to look at.

1) On the buttons sheet, make sure you have some function assigned to at least on @ button.

2) On the Setup sheet, in the block from F13 to F25 you should see:

Upgrade Code
KeyMoves
End

The part between Upgrade Code and KeyMoves is data for all the keys defined by the body of the upgrade in a totally non human readable form.
The part between KeyMoves and End is data for all the keys defined as KeyMoves in a partially human readable form.

Do the KeyMoves look reasonable at that point?

3) Open the Devices tab of IR and Add or Edit to get it ready to accept a device upgrade.

4) Click the Copy Icon (in cell F11 of KM's setup sheet) to copy the upgrade to the clipboard, then paste into IR. You should see the KeyMoves appear in the KeyMoves part of that dialog.

5) Click OK and switch to the KeyMoves tab. You should see your KeyMoves listed.
shorton

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, et.al: I'm definately good through #2, think OK through #3. It's at home where I can't get to it right now. I'll check each item and verify. I'll post the debug info after that as necessary.

Thank you very much for the time to help. Back this afternoon...
shorton

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, when I got home I carefully went through it again. Don't know what I did wrong, but all buttons including the keymove buttons are working properly now. Thanks again for the time to help.

Best, Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: