JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How can I copy a code from URC-9960 TO URC 8810?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dthornto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: How can I copy a code from URC-9960 TO URC 8810? Reply with quote

Here's what I'd like to do. My 9960 has a code 0702 that will control most functions on my Akai PT5492 big screen tv. I would like to add the 0702 code to my 8810 which does not have that code in its memory. I have the 9960 downloaded into RM and saved but I can't figure out how to get the info transfered into the 8810. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave T.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I copy a code from URC-9960 TO URC 8810? Reply with quote

dthornto wrote:
Here's what I'd like to do. My 9960 has a code 0702 that will control most functions on my Akai PT5492 big screen tv.

Is That a code that shipped from the factory, or an upgrade you added?

dthornto wrote:
I would like to add the 0702 code to my 8810 which does not have that code in its memory. I have the 9960 downloaded into RM and saved but I can't figure out how to get the info transfered into the 8810. Any help would be appreciated..

Getting the 9960 downloaded into RM and saved is quite the trick. I and the rest of the group would like you to share how you managed such a feat.

If you got 0702 as an upgrade, either made yourself, from ueic, or from the files, simply reload it back into KM or RM, change the remote model to the 8810, check the buttons tab for key assignments as you'd like, load that into IR and upload to the 8810.

If it's a native code to the 9960, unless you find a file in the yahoo files area that's essentially close to 0702, the quickest option may be to learn those signals from the 9960 to the 8810, use IR to decode them, then make an upgrade for the 8810 from the data gleaned, delete the learns, and ADD the Device and if needed, protocol, to the 8810 with IR.

If 0702 wasn't added to the 9960 via an upgrade, there's no way to extract the data for 0702 from the 9960 with just IR and the 9960, only upgrades can be viewed on the "devices" tab.

Another option, is to call OFA and ask them to email you the advance code list for TV_0702. However, that list likely won't give the key protocol and device information needed to make the 8810's upgrade. You'd have to learn at least one signal and have IR decode that, unless someone else here already knows that and can tell you. In the abscence of that, learning with the 8810 may be your quickest and best solution.

Jim
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using the built-in TV/0702 code, you can't extract it from the remote. Why don't you just learn some of the keys into the 8810, use IR to decode them, and build your own upgrade?
dthornto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the quick replies Reply with quote

Thanks, Jim and Mark. You can tell that I don't know what I'm doing with JP1 yet. I meant that I downloaded the remote into IR not RM, sorry! I haven't even gotten RM to work yet. The code I wanted to copy was indeed factory loaded into the 9960. If I can't find someone with a copy of the file I'll try to use your tips and build one. As a true "newbie" I'm sure I'll have many more dumb questions. Thanks for your patience.

Dave T.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Akai TV files at yahoo, Akai CT-2107 TV.txt, and Akai_CFT3090.txt, which might work. Try loading them into RM, tell RM you have an 8810, adjust functions to the buttons you want them on, copy the device and protocol info into IR.exe, and upload this into your remote, and go see if it works.
JP1Files
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it wasn't a dumb question. it's asked QUITE OFTEN. Fact is, I asked it myself (or an extremely similar one) quite some time ago.
Relax, you got the questions, we got the answers (we hope).

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: