JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EchoStar/ Dish Network hardware identification & Codes n

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reecer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: EchoStar/ Dish Network hardware identification & Codes n Reply with quote

I am a noobie, and have searched for ways to identify my satellite receiver in order to find a code list for it. I am a little embarrassed as I have searched, but don't "think" I have found it. Here is what it says on the back:

EchoStar
Model DE01; DE04
DP 301

The remote says:
IR REMOTE 103602

I have a URC 8811, and have programmed it with the codes from the URC manual for all my components except the satellite, b/c I can't find any codes for it.

I have made a JP1 cable (it worked the first time - YEAH!), and have downloaded the code from it. It still looks weird as I am still learning, but if I understand correctly, I can upload code to the remote for the satellite, if I can find the code. Very Happy

If anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it.
Thank you,
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way is to learn a few signals from the EchoStar remote to the 8811 then download to IR.EXE and click on the learned signals (in IR's learned signals tab). It should tell you the protocol name and device number and subdevice if there is one.

With that info we can tell you if there is already a built in setup code or a compatible upgrade n our file area. If not, then it is the starting info torward building an upgrade.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's right, but if it's an Echostar/Dish Network box it will most likely respond to SAT/0775. It is built into the 8811 and there's also a file in the Yahoo group (under Device Codes/Satellite/)
Reecer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: DishPlayer(old) Reply with quote

I did the "learn" on the remote, and it comes up "DishPlayer(old)". It doesn't say any more.

Will the 0775 work for this?

If so, how do I get it into the IR program to upload to the remote without losing the rest of the programming? I think I would just copy and paste it, but am unsure where to "paste".

Thanks for your help, guys.
Reecer
skooter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Codes.. Reply with quote

As has been stated her, try 0775. I would bet it will work for you.
To get it into IR you have several options. I have Dishnet and use the older DVHS box. It works for me fine however I had to learn a few commands and also used keymover to move a few to my liking. Remote is a OFA Kameleon 8 (URC 9660)

1) In IR at the General Options Tab for CBL, have the dropdown type box
show SAT/CBL and in the Code box type 0775. Now you can upload it to your remote. Best to save it too.

2) Download your current remote settings and follow step 1 then save it to a file for future use.

3) You could just enter the 0775 code manually(or as someone said it already in your remote)..then download in IR and save the file for future use.

.................SkOoTeR
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: