JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

tips for uploading device upgrade files?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken_truesdale

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: tips for uploading device upgrade files? Reply with quote

Now that I have my 8811 working as I'd like, and the device upgrade files I created seem to be working pretty well, I'd like to upload them to the files section. I've created 6 upgrades since only a few of my devices were already in the upgrades folder (and my Sony DVD player croaked just after I got the codes figured out so I had to do a second DVD player when I got my new Denon).

Maybe I'm blind and have missed some guide for uploading files and somebody can point me to it. If not, can somebody give me some guidance for how the files should look when uploaded? In other words, should I set up the files any different than exactly how I am using them in Keymap Master?

Ken.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: tips for uploading device upgrade files? Reply with quote

ken_truesdale wrote:
... can somebody give me some guidance for how the files should look when uploaded? In other words, should I set up the files any different than exactly how I am using them in Keymap Master?

Look above. Click on the File Section. Over there is an UPLOAD button. Fill in all the information. Make sure that the first line contains the model name and number. Check the KM icon.

Then click the Browse button located towards the bottom of the screen. Walk through your folders till you find the file to upload and double click. You may wish to copy and paste just the filename into the first line of the dialog, if the filename contains the exact model. Click the button on the bottom ,I think it says Add File. Go twice back and repeat for other files.

Regarding format: nothing special, just use the txt files that KM saves Smile .
ken_truesdale

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding format: nothing special, just use the txt files that KM saves

Thanks, Elizabeth. Before asking my question, I had gone through the whole upload process but canceled just before the final click because it seemed too easy! And I didn't want to post something that was setup incorrectly. I was beginning to take the non-response to my inquiry as silent approval of just posting the files as they are. But I appreciate your confirming my suspicion.

Ken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: