JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Specific Macro for URC-7800 C7
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it this definitely won't work on an unextended remote since it relies on inserting a key into the macro buffer. Since nested macros aren't processed that way in an unextended remote it won't work, so i've removed the above.
aclinml

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: DSM works with URC-7800!!!! Reply with quote

PGK and Ellen, DSM now works with my Cenima 7. PGK, I deleted the protocol the spreadsheet gave me, and added in the one you had pasted in the earlier post, and it now works!!

I had a pretty simple macro test set up that just 'hit' the MUTE button in TV mode four times. A keymove was set up on the MACRO button and it worked just fine.

Thanks for everyone's help here. I've not yet seen a remote with the keys layed out so perfectly than the Cenima 7, and it is now more full featured than ever!

Will someone be able to put PGK's protocol into the Special Protocols worksheet so no other C7 people with have this problem?

Thanks again, everybody
Mike
pgk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Glad it worked for you. I'll go through it again and double check everything and if all is Ok upload the protocol builder file to the Yahoo groups so it'll be there in the future.

If on revisting it I think it can be done better or needs tidying up will you be able to retest for me?

Paul.
aclinml

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: DSM works with URC-7800!!!! Reply with quote

No problem, Paul. I don't always keep up with the message boards consistently. Just email me if you want me to try something.

aclinml@yahoo.com

Mike
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aclinml wrote:
PGK and Ellen, DSM now works with my Cenima 7. PGK, I deleted the protocol the spreadsheet gave me, and added in the one you had pasted in the earlier post, and it now works!!
Will someone be able to put PGK's protocol into the Special Protocols worksheet so no other C7 people with have this problem?

Me thinks that Special Protocols is for unextended remotes but I'm not sure.

Here is my story: I tried and tried again the protocol submitted here by PGK (thank you PGK!) which obviously works for aclinml. No such luck for me Sad The only thing that I got is one faint blink. The macro section would not run.

So I studied few things and tweaked PGK's code in PB and now DSM works nicely. Result: one faint blink is followed by bright, normal blinks of a running macro Smile This is the package I sent to C7 via IR:

Upgrade code 0 = 1C 4F (TV/1103)
FC 00 01
End
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FC (S3C8) DSM-C7(7800)+ext2 (PB v3.11)
00 00 01 08 61 0A 08 A6 62 00 EB 0D E6 62 01 18
03 97 10 63 09 61 E6 78 02 AF
End

I uploaded PGK's version and this one to the 7800 extender section.
BTW, I learned this the hard way: This is a one-key DSM. The macro has to be defined on that key. Macro steps cannot be put into the DSM keymove.
Ellen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The resurrection of this thread and a note from Elizabeth made me pull out my C7 and give DSMs another try. I tried both versions (pgk and egd) posted in the files area for 7800ext2 and couldn't get either of them to work. On a whim, I opened up the special protocols spreadsheet version 1.17 and let it build a DSM protocol and device upgrade for me. Loaded this into an unextended C7 and it worked. This is the code generated by the special protocols spreadsheet:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FC (S3C8)
00 00 01 E4 03 77 50 C0 50 C1 50 C2 50 C3 50 C4
C6 CA 06 51 70 CB 70 CA 70 C4 70 C3 70 C2 30 C0
End

Upgrade code 0 = 1C 4F (TV/1103)
FC 00 01
End

It has been quite a while since I last tried this so I don't know what upgrade protocol I used then that didn't work.

I suspect that the failure with 7800ext2 may have been user error. I'll try again later, but I wanted to report this in case other C7 users wanted to use DSMs but didn't want to use an extender.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellen, This same protocol you quoted worked for my C7+ unextended also. There was once a version (I dug out from Yahoo after seeing your posts) where, what I think is an address of something, was six bytes off from this one. Perhaps that's what you used previously.
Good to hear you got this one working. I can live without some other cool protocols, but without DSM things are grim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: