JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131 and Sony Combo protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svemuri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: URC-6131 and Sony Combo protocol Reply with quote

First of all, let me thank all the JP1 contributors for the amazing work. I can't believe all this stuff is available for free! I've been using it for a couple of years and don't know what I'll do for a remote without JP1.

I Just got a 6131. I haven't modified it yet (waiting for parts). But I wanted to set up all my devices in IR and be ready. I was using Cinema 7s before (they are dead).

I have a Sony CX-875P DVD mega changer. With Cinema 7 I was using a custom device with a Sony Combo protocol (The DVD part and Changer part used different protocols) and it worked great. I loaded the same device file in KeyMap spreadsheet and changed the remote type from Cinema 7 to 6131/Extender and I noticed that the "Protocol" area is blank. I thought this is supposed to be a custom protocol. Does 6131 come with this protocol built-in or is there a bug in the KeyMap spreadsheet? The protocol is there for many other remote types I've tried. So, I am thinking there is a bug?

Any clarification is much appreciated.

Thanks
Sarat.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEI does eventually catch up with us! Smile

Even though we invented that Sony combo protocol ourselves, when UEI comes along with a protocol that does essentially the same thing as one of our hacked protocols, we try to defer to the UEI protocol, especially as it means that some remotes won't require a protocol upgrade. It's the same story with the hacked Tivo protocol and a few others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: