JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HTPro at X10 still available?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogulman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: HTPro at X10 still available? Reply with quote

I just ordered one from X10 for $7.99+shipping. Just wondering if they are still shipping. X10 is pretty crappy about letting you know if your item is going to ship anytime soon.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're still taking orders, but they're not shipping remotes. I placed my order back in Feb and still haven't heard anything (and they have charged my card).
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ordered back in February and never heard anything. After several emails, I was informed this past Wednesday that my order was cancelled due to unavailability and my credit card had been credited (which is has). I guess I won't be getting any HTPro's... Crying or Very sad
mogulman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just called them and they claim they have them in stock.

I guess I'll wait a week and see.
sfhub

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were very nice to charge my credit card and immediately add me
to their mailing list so I can receive more junk mail. A few days later
they credited the card and I never got notification of any status beyond
the initial order acknowledgement. The "net" for me is I'm now receiving
junk mail from x10 daily. I guess it is time to change the email settings
at x10.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always set up an email filter that will redirect all of the X10 email straight to the deleted folder.
mogulman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. called again today.. now they are saying it is backordered... no ETA.

Hmm.. X10 really sucks...huh? Never ordered anything from them... Anytime I call I wait on hold for at least 20 minutes.. If I send an email, asking for status, it never gets answered.

I used to use a lot of their AC remote control devices..so I thought they were a decent company.

So are people still waiting to see if they get any more in stock? or just cancelling the orders? Any other reliable place to get it from?
GLT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just called X-10 re my 2/25 order.

First I called the person than emailed me - answering machine.

Then I called sales - immediate answer and they told me the HT's were in stock. Then I asked about the status of my order and was somewhat abruptly transferred to customer service.

Had just put the phone on "speakerphone" when a person answered (30 seconds?). He told me that the remote part of my order had been cancelled since the product was "discontinued." I mentioned it would be nice if someone had told me that, and then cancelled the rest of my order.

Some things to note: You can't get to the page with the HT's without going from a link. You can't browse there.

I have bought from X-10 for years - you get what you pay for. Shipping is usually within 3 days. I have always gotten a email confirmation of the order and have gotten a tracking number about 1/3 of the time. By the time a tracking number was an issue the products were here. I (to my knowledge) have never had my card charged for a product that didn't ship, but appparently some here have.

If you want excellent service, I here Smarthome is the best. Of course the HT is $89.95 there.

(After one notable outburst (it was a BAD day), I no longer yell at people at burger joints, but I will COMPLAIN at an expensive steakhouse.)

Never tried to get out of the X-10 spam, hopefully that wouldn't be a problem.

This is the end of the quarter. They have some of the best deals around now. Don't worry about the "expires today" stuff - as long as you have the link to the special it seems to work for months. Remotes and X-10 kind of go together.

Now will somebody point me to an equally good deal on a JP1 remote? (OK a CLOSE deal.)

I liked the idea of having the same remote in the bedroom as the living room. I ordered three to have one as a spare - but was probably going to use all 3 RF/IR bases.

GLT
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that annoyed me most was the recording they keep playing while you're on hold waiting to talk to their customer support. They tell you to use the form on their web site instead and they claim that if you do "You will get your answers and you will get them fast".

I used that form a few times. Each time I got the intial automated email reply (so no question they have my right email address). But that's it. Six weeks and no answers. Pretty soon I'll finally find out from Discover whether it will take a fight to avoid paying for the goods I never received (It's been "in dispute" at Discover for a month).

Those remotes were a great price for those that actually received them. I'm cheap enough that on a similarly good deal in the future I might even risk repeating the time and agravation this cost (That would be stupid of me, but I might).

But they really do add insult to injury with their many strong claims of having good service.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HT-Pro was just a clone of the standard OFA URC-9910, so if the HT-Pro was the perfect remote for you, the URC-9910 will be just as good, but you won't find it for just $7.95 anywhere, it's usual price is around $45 but you might want to check http://www.froogle.com to see if you can find a better deal.

Be aware that there are 2 versions of the 9910, the newer version has seperate arrow buttons whereas the older version has a donut ring instead.

If you can make do with the donut ring version, I still have a few of those left for $29 each. Domestic shipping is $4 for one unit, or $8 for multiple units.
mogulman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to tell which remote 9910 you are getting? Arrow buttons Vs. Donut, before you order?

Anyone know of a good place, cheap, that has the arrow buttons?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're ordering from Surf or BlueDo, it will be the arrow version as they sold out of the donut version ages ago. I imagine that would also be true of any other online retailer that you might find, but there's no guarantee. I also wouldn't assume that just because an online retailer is still showing the donut ring picture it means that they're still shipping the ring version.

If you're shopping on ebay, you probably can use the picture (if there is one) as your guide, but again, it's a judgement call. If you're buying from an indivual or any seller where the picture is obviously of the actual unit that you'll be getting, you can probably use the picture as your guide, but if you're buying from a mass seller (eg, someone will a feedback rating in the thousands) and the picture looks like it could be a generic picture that they re-use for multiple ebay listings, you should probably ask them in advance.

Regardless, if you buy from an ebay seller or an online site that clearly shows the arrow key version, and they send you the ring version, you would have grounds to return it for a refund or replacement, but check their return policy first.
mogulman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially had my HTPro from X10 cancelled. Oh well.
maxse

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what a deal! HAve been away from the forum for a while just came backl to see this deal. Ordered 3 remotes just now. Says they are in stock so we will see.
shadowhawk2020

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you're ordering from Surf or BlueDo, it will be the arrow version as they sold out of the donut version ages ago. I imagine that would also be true of any other online retailer that you might find, but there's no guarantee. I also wouldn't assume that just because an online retailer is still showing the donut ring picture it means that they're still shipping the ring version.

If you're shopping on ebay, you probably can use the picture (if there is one) as your guide, but again, it's a judgement call. If you're buying from an indivual or any seller where the picture is obviously of the actual unit that you'll be getting, you can probably use the picture as your guide, but if you're buying from a mass seller (eg, someone will a feedback rating in the thousands) and the picture looks like it could be a generic picture that they re-use for multiple ebay listings, you should probably ask them in advance.

Regardless, if you buy from an ebay seller or an online site that clearly shows the arrow key version, and they send you the ring version, you would have grounds to return it for a refund or replacement, but check their return policy first.

I got one off of ebay Thursday from a on a tip from RobMan, (he had a thread search for htpro.) I ordered won an auction on Thursday for 9.99 payed 15.00 for shipping(ouch) But the item was on my door step Monday when I got home from work Smile Now if my cable would show up. (didn't rush order because I had no idea the remote would be here this fast.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: