JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need codes for URC 9962 - Thomson TV and Pioneer DVD HTiB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scyeige

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

When I tried what you said about exporting to wav in IR, I keep getting an error message saying that it is unable to write the file in the folder.

Is there anyway to export just the upgrade from the txt file using command line?

Cheers...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scyeige wrote:
When I tried what you said about exporting to wav in IR, I keep getting an error message saying that it is unable to write the file in the folder.

You may need to start a new thread and make it clear you need help from an IR.EXE expert and quote the exact error message.

I don't remember seeing an error like that.

I've seen a number of confusing errors from IR in the wav creation process (But maybe they've already been fixed in the newest IR.EXE). Those were related to trying to generate a .wav in the same session in which I used the NEW command to create a new .ir image. Even if I did a save first, I had trouble. But if I saved, then reopened the saved file it worked.

But assuming your problem is different, what directory is IR.EXE in? What directory is your .ir file saved in? What directory is IrToWav installed in? Did you remember to tell IR.EXE where IrToWav is?

scyeige wrote:

Is there anyway to export just the upgrade from the txt file using command line?

Yes. I thought that was covered in the IrToWav documentation. You need to know the signature, which we've confirmed above. You need to know where the upgrade area starts, which is human readable data in the .rdf file. You need to know roughly (correct or slightly over esimated) were the used portion of the upgrade area ends, which should be visible in raw data or computable from IR's displays.

Anyway it's probably harder than getting IR to call IrToWav for you.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: KM bug Reply with quote

scyeige wrote:
As for the KM file, I did enter 162 in the cmd3 field, but after saving it disappears! I dunno if I was doing it right. Sad Is there anyway to fix this?

I just duplicated that behavior. It is a bug in KM. I hope Mark will fix it soon.

Meanwhile, you need to retype the 162 into that field. After loading or saving that upgrade and before copying the upgrade contents over to IR.EXE

scyeige wrote:
the wav file you made did load, but it doesn't seem to work. Dunno why...

I need more details to diagnose that.

1) You loaded the .wav into the 9962. That seemed to work (double blink at thend), right?

2) Next you should program a device key to use the setup code TV/0625. Did you do that? Before loading the .wav that step would fail because the 9962 has no TV/0625 built in. But after the .wav it should work. Did it?

3) Once step 2 works, you should try to control your TV using that device mode. Is that the step that failed? Did you try a bunch of different functions to see if any of them worked? How sure are we that TV/0625 is the right setup code for your TV.

scyeige wrote:
And to test the thing out, I did convert the 1965 to wav but it doesn't load. It always either times out or indicate error (one flash).

Based on your other message, I assume you did that operation manually with IrToWav rather than through IR.EXE. There are lots of details you probably don't know in that process. (At the moment, even I don't know how you get the newest IR.EXE to save the old format .txt file that IrToWav needs for manual use).
scyeige

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

johnsfine wrote:
But assuming your problem is different, what directory is IR.EXE in? What directory is your .ir file saved in? What directory is IrToWav installed in? Did you remember to tell IR.EXE where IrToWav is?

My IR.exe and IRtoWav are in the same folder/directory. Is that an issue?

johnsfine wrote:
Yes. I thought that was covered in the IrToWav documentation. You need to know the signature, which we've confirmed above. You need to know where the upgrade area starts, which is human readable data in the .rdf file. You need to know roughly (correct or slightly over esimated) were the used portion of the upgrade area ends, which should be visible in raw data or computable from IR's displays.

Anyway it's probably harder than getting IR to call IrToWav for you.

Oh, will read the docs more carefully. .rdf file? In the rdf definitions?
Hmmm... will try though

Thanks
scyeige

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: KM bug Reply with quote

Hi John,

johnsfine wrote:
Meanwhile, you need to retype the 162 into that field. After loading or saving that upgrade and before copying the upgrade contents over to IR.EXE

Yes, I did that.

johnsfine wrote:
...I need more details to diagnose that.

1) You loaded the .wav into the 9962. That seemed to work (double blink at thend), right?

Yes, that's what happened (2 blinks)

johnsfine wrote:
2) Next you should program a device key to use the setup code TV/0625. Did you do that? Before loading the .wav that step would fail because the 9962 has no TV/0625 built in. But after the .wav it should work. Did it?

Yes, did that too...

johnsfine wrote:
3) Once step 2 works, you should try to control your TV using that device mode. Is that the step that failed? Did you try a bunch of different functions to see if any of them worked? How sure are we that TV/0625 is the right setup code for your TV.

Tried many keys - I was told by the Kameleon Phone Support guy that 0625 should work.

johnsfine wrote:
Based on your other message, I assume you did that operation manually with IrToWav rather than through IR.EXE. There are lots of details you probably don't know in that process. (At the moment, even I don't know how you get the newest IR.EXE to save the old format .txt file that IrToWav needs for manual use).

Ok, fair enough... but I used IR.exe to save as txt file and then I just followed the instructions in the readme to create the wav file, ie drag the file to IRtoWav.bat... it works though.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: KM bug Reply with quote

scyeige wrote:
Tried many keys - I was told by the Kameleon Phone Support guy that 0625 should work.

Most of the Data I have for Thomson TV's does match TV/0625. Most (maybe all) the ones that don't match that roughly match TV/0287 and TV/0560. Some of them have a few keys that match TV/0366 instead (even though most keys fit 287 and 560 better). But none of those setup codes are built-in.

I'll try to find some time to make a .wav file for at least one of those.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a .zip file containing a .wav for you to test.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1473

It has TV/0287 with merged data from four different Thomson TV's that are NOT compatible with TV/0625. Not everything from those four TV's fit, so if you try ALL buttons and tell me which do anything, assuming any do anything, I can narrow down which code set it is and give you a better version.

I also included the DVD/1965 you wer trying to convert to .wav (and I added the 162 as required).
scyeige

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Arigato Gozaimatsu Reply with quote

Hi John,

Really appreaciate the help! Thanks... was away over the weekend.
Will try your file out tonite!

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: