JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Deleting Keys from remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Deleting Keys from remote Reply with quote

I'm a newbie (I'm sure it will become apparent in this thread). I have successfully gotten connected to my RCU810 and can upload/download without any problems.

I have 2 devices that the buttons don't work as expected (or as I want) on my RCU810.

Issue 1: My amplifier is a Yamaha RX-V850, and my remote has the codes for it (0193). I do not use any of the ProLogic decoding, and want to disable those functions on the 810 (so my wife doesn't accidently turn this on). I assume I need to use KM to perform this function. I could not find any files for it, so does this mean I need to learn all the buttons from the original remote to create a new KM file for this device, so I can remove those buttons? Or is there another easier way? I am happy with everything else - just want to delete the 2 buttons that changes the DSP On/Off and Mode.

Issue 2: My VCR is a Sony SLV-N51. It works fine, except when I press the VCR1 button (on the RCU810), it turns the VCR on/off. How do I make this button just select the VCR for the remote? (such as I was on Aud, and now I want to go to VCR to hit rewind... when I hit VCR1 - it turns off the VCR. I assumed I would use Key Moves but I don't know what to use to just make it a "select the VCR button".

Thanks in advance - you've done some great work here.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleting Keys from remote Reply with quote

bfisher wrote:
I have 2 devices that the buttons don't work as expected (or as I want) on my RCU810.

Issue 1: My amplifier is a Yamaha RX-V850, and my remote has the codes for it (0193). I do not use any of the ProLogic decoding, and want to disable those functions on the 810 ... Or is there another easier way? I am happy with everything else - just want to delete the 2 buttons that changes the DSP On/Off and Mode.

I would just move two irrelevant keys using KeyMoves in IR. Maybe VCR/0000 EFC's 000 and 001 unless you have an Emerson VCR.
Quote:
Issue 2: My VCR is a Sony SLV-N51. It works fine, except when I press the VCR1 button (on the RCU810), it turns the VCR on/off. How do I make this button just select the VCR for the remote? (such as I was on Aud, and now I want to go to VCR to hit rewind... when I hit VCR1 - it turns off the VCR. I assumed I would use Key Moves but I don't know what to use to just make it a "select the VCR button".

I'm not an 810 expert, but one solution may be to key move discrete power command onto the VCR's power button. It is EFC 113 on whatever setup code works with the Sony VCR. Then assign EFC 109 to sleep or shift power. (A few Sony VCR's don't respond to discrete power commands but most do).

I's possible that there are other ways to defeat that "feature" and you would have to hit sleep or shift power to turn the VCR off, but at least pressing the device button would not turn it off if on.

Last edited by jon_armstrong on Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick non-expert ideas:
Issue1
Long range: KM upgrade using learned signals is the best solution as you just don't assign those functions to any buttons. KM is in the Software section of this forum
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3330
Similar Yamaha amps upgrades might be in the forum file section, I see some on page 12.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=9&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=220

Short range: In IR, and I am guessing that this should work, make keymoves for the functions you want to disable by giving them hex value of zero. The point is that a keymove will override the built-in upgrade code. This assumes zero does nothing. It also costs some 5 bytes per keymove.Does RCU810 permit setting up keymoves? If so, you might try the same thing without IR.

Issue2
I think KM or RM is the path to take where you can do what you want and not what the built in codes do so strangely.

Wait for the experts' responses. You'll get a heap of good advice. Have fun Very Happy
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue 2.

You can't disable that feature with a KeyMove. You need either a device upgrade (via KM or RM) or the extender.

In KM's button sheet for the RCU810, you will see a line labeled "device button". That is for the command sent automatically each time the device is selected. If you don't want a command sent, leave it blank.
bfisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information! I will be working on this next week sometime...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: