JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie Question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmidlapp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Newbie Question. Reply with quote

I'm new to this. I have sucessfully programmed my remote (urc-8080) with KM and IR.exe but some functions are missing or need to re-assigned to other buttons. For instance my Satellite receiver (Echostar code 775) gives most of the functions I need but it doesn't have "Guide" or "Info" functions assigned to buttons. I have the codes but I don't know how to program the remote the way I want it using KM and IR.exe. Some functions need to be moved to other buttons and I'm not sure how to do that either. Also is it normal that the remote clock goes back to 12:00 everytime I connect it up to my computer for programming? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
jethrogoss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just learned some of the keys on mine on the basic 775 device with no fancy playing around for my dish pvr unit. Info and guide were already there, but I did add the PTV list and seach on the enter and tv/vid keys (same place on my remote as on my dish remote, not used for much otherwise in that mode). I also have the PVR and learned the f.fwd and f.rew to be the skip forward 30 seconds and skip back 10 seconds keys respectively. Now with the key moves on IR you could use those to put the efc's on the right keys directly. Maybe all this is bad advice as a real newbie myself, but I haven't bothered with KM since all my devices were known by the remote to start with - I just used the learning and the KeyMoves (gleaning efc's from the advanced codes page and/or KM files). I may move up to some KM when I feel I need it, or just to play since its so easy to revert to your old settings whenever you want.

My clock also resets to 12:00 although I don't use it for anything so I don't really care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: