JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6541/40 Setup Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
triangle516

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: URC-6541/40 Setup Help Reply with quote

Hi,

Just setup my JP1 link in the last few days and managed to program the 1 for all 6 remote with no problem, but I am wondering the following:

I have an Audio Zapper URC-6541 which has TUN/CD/MD/TAPE buttons and I have downloaded an RDF file but I am wondering is it possible to change the 4 devices to TV/VCR/SAT/DVD? Or am I asking the impossible.

I notice the device has a 1k memory is it possible to program any codes to this memory?

At the end of the day I am not looking for anything elaborate just a simple tv volume up and down and channel change of my Panasonic TV.
Has every remote got its own codes preprogrammed in or are these overwriteable with a complete new set or is this only possible writing to the eeprom? The device appears to require 5 digit codes and has no numeric keys on the handset.

Sorry to waffle on but as you can see I am new to this.

Any help would be appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't change the device types that the remote supports, but that doesn't mean that you can't create an upgrade for a VCR (for example) and then load it up as an audio code. The remote won't know that you're lieing! Smile

As for the 5-digit setup codes, those are in base 4 except that they use digits 1 thru 4 rather than 0 thru 3. If you're interested, all the 5-digit codes can be converted into decimal and then they'll match the regular UEI setup codes that you see displayed in IR.exe.

Ik of EEPROM memory should be more than enough for a 4 device remote, even if you have to load an upgrade for each and every device button.
triangle516

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Thanks for your time but how? Reply with quote

Hi, Rob,

Thanks for your reply, I was about to give up hope with it.

Reading through all the beginners start ups I dont seem to be progressing any. I must be getting old or something.

On my One for All 6 I normally use the code 0650 for my Panasonic TV.
Is there an easy way of transporting this code into the URC-6541 Audio Zapper? If you would be kind enough to give me an ABC on how to do this, I then maybe able to duplicate for other devices.

You also mentioned a base code, my mistake it is a 6 code not 5 as I said previously, but I assume if I converted this to a 4 the device would recognise a tv code anyway, am I right?

Thanks for any info, I appreciate your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: