JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using a URC8811 with a Hauppage WinTV PVR350 on Windows MCE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Using a URC8811 with a Hauppage WinTV PVR350 on Windows MCE? Reply with quote

I know this may sound like an ODDBALL request, but I'm sure somebody else out there must be trying the same thing or thinking about trying the same thing. A little background first:

I have a OFA URC8811 that I have been having so much fun with lately now that I'm 'jp1-enabled'.

I'm trying to 'Frankenstein' myself together a PC for the living room to act as a PVR.

I recently bought a Hauppage WinTV PVR350 card that has the little built it IR port and comes with that silver remote.

The remote works for the Hauppage WinTV software but it's plain ol' UGLY.

I would like to try Windows MCE. Am I able to perform Windows MCE remote functions using my URC8811 through the Hauppage WinTV PCR350s built it IR port?

Or am I making this too complicated...?

I may give MediaPortal a try and see what happens.

Bottom line, can I use the Hauppage's IR port with my URC8811 to use other functions than those of the original Hauppage remote?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it MCE only works with it's own specified remote and can't use the Hauppauge remote pickup. (See the unofficial SHSPVR forum for more info - I actually assume you have found that forum long ago). However someone there (Biscuit) has managed to get many functions working. He included info on modifying irremote.ini here to trick MCE but I don't know if he is using JP1 or just adding keymoves.

There are a number of upgrades for the Hauppauge remote (in the Yahoo files and in the PVR section that you can load into your 8811 to control your PVR card (there are several upgrades in various place actually) and I believe one for the MCE remote. You would have to buy the MCE remote receiver and blaster however.
Talus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought..I HAVE to buy the MCE receiver Sad

Oh well.

I was hoping that by running Media Portal I might be able to use the built in IR receiver, but no luck SO far.

I did find the SHSPVR forum and I have been trying to drudge through it.

Thanks for the info!
Talus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually..that worked pretty well! I can use my OneForAll with Windows MCE and my Hauppage's IR port.

The key maps are not exactly what I would like, but I can learn from that and probably play with it and get the keys more to my liking.

Great find!
drb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten to far on this but I will to trying to do the same thing. I think/hope I will have few problems. I plan on using SageTV as the interface which should have built in support for the Hauppage remote. I would like to combine a airboard to the Hauppage to turn on the computer and some other basic functions.

DRB
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: