JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Change Scan/Fav key on RS 15-2117
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenroc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
IR remembers the last remote selected when reopened, which is great if you only have one JP-1 remote, but if you have more than one, and they are different models, it requires more caution and being alert.

Funny question: Would it make more sense for IR.exe to remember the last .txt file used, rather than just the last remote?

The way it is now it's practically more hinderance than benefit. What good is it for IR to remember the last remote used, if it loads up with that remote in a 'blank' state?

You have to download from the remote anyway, and downloading will automatically pull up the right remote in IR...

Then again, I see problems with this way too. I don't know, I guess that's why I don't make programs like this! Wink
rgiamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Change Scan/Fav key on RS 15-2117 Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
rgiamp wrote:
I want my Scan/Fav key on my RS 15-2117 to do what the Fav key did on my TimeWarner remote (Millenium 4- cable setup code 0877). Thanks for your patience.

I will load a KM file for CBL_0877 into the Cable folder for you.

Yeah!!! I finally got this to work (there is a bit of a learning curve). Thanks so much for posting that CBL_0877 key map.
Now, onto a new question. Can I add all my personal key moves into that map and then upload it again to my remote (in order to free up key move memory)? Is that how this all works? I think I'm starting to get it. Very Happy
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymoves generally use up 5 to 6 byes of keymove memory. It doesn't matter much if those were "auto-generated" by KM or you manually created them in IR. The only way you might save some keymove memory is IF some of those keymoves involved functions within cable_0877 and you have some "legal" "cable" buttons left that hadn't already been assigned a function. In KM buttons with a "@" are goiung to result in a keymove. In most remotes, cable and vcr allow the most keymove-less buttons allowed to be assigned. To maximize "legal" assignments and lessen keymoves, you may end up being forced to assign functions to less-intuitive (for you) keys than you'd like. For example, let's say you were working with a receiver that had a "surround" function. Some remotes have a button labelled "surround" however, in "Cable" mode "surround isn't part of the cable keymap, so it would show a @. Therefore, you're stuck with the choice of either assigning to "surround" and the keymove space it eats, or perhaps "guide" which doesn't entail being a keymove.
Keymoves from "TV" or other devices will still involve keymoves, and won't use any less keymove space than if they were done in IR.

Jim
rgiamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I get it. Well stated! Thanks for the informative reply.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know of additional functions that are not included in that list, you should add them to the Functions sheet. Plus, if you have a better description for some of the functions that are listed, by all means replace the function name.

Then on the Buttons sheet, assign as many of these functions to buttons as you see fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: