JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Solidtek ACK-571 IR Keyboard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Solidtek ACK-571 IR Keyboard Reply with quote

Hi. I picked up a remote, made a cable and have been playing around with it for a little while now. I have everything working great except for my keyboard. I tried all the device codes in the keyboard section, but nothing seemed to work. I did find a post about a similar keyboard, but it doesn't look like anything was finalized.

I have an One-For-All 8810w Remote, and a Solidtek ACK-571 IR Keyboard http://www.solidyear.com/. I learned the numbers and up/down/left/right. The arrow keys were learned by holding down the button on the keyboard. The L1-L4 (L1=Up, L2=Down, L3=Left, L4=Right) buttons were learned by pressing the button and quickly releasing. I don't have enough room on the remote to learn all the keys, so I would like to create a device code. I'm not sure if a device code can be made so I only learned these keys, but I can learn the rest. Please let me know if this is doable.

IR File -> http://www.gusek.net/jp1/0-9.IR

Thank you,
Brad
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is the same keyboard as I decoded near the bottom here.

Maybe one of the mods can break that thread after my technical description of the protcol and move it to the code search section. As I expain in the other thread, I now need to get you both to learn the rest of the commands, to make sure my decoding is correct. Your up/down/right/left keys show that those repeat when held, the rest (so far) just appear to have a make and break command that is signified by changing one bit.
Nad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I will learn the rest of the keyboard and post it for you. Would you like me to reply in this thread or in the other thread? Thank you very much for helping me out.
Nad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I learned all the rest of the keys:

http://www.gusek.net/jp1/Keys1.IR
http://www.gusek.net/jp1/Keys2.IR
http://www.gusek.net/jp1/Keys3.IR
http://www.gusek.net/jp1/Keys4.IR

I labeled all the learned keys in the description box. Please let me know if there is anything you need.

Thanks,
Brad
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,

An important question. Do the learned keys work? Does A work? I'm sure Q won't and how about R?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought I got them all. I tested all the keys just now and the A, Q, and S didn't work. All others worked fine. Here is a file with those 3.

1=A
2=Q
3=S

http://www.gusek.net/jp1/aqs.IR

Thanks again,
Brad
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the device upgrade here.

I did limited testing but I don't have the Keyboard -- you did a great job learning the KB commands.

The protocol is this (for any one else trying to understand the Keyboard):

make:
{38k}<-624,468|468,624>(1820,-590,D:5,F:7,M:1,C:4,468,-30m) where M=0

break
{38k}<-624,468|468,624>(1820,-590,D:5,F:7,M:1,C:4,468,-30m) where M=1

Where C is Mod((F:4:3)+2*F:3+M:1,16) that is adding each of the three nibbles of variable data and then taking the bottom 4-bits.

For simplicity I treated F:7 bits 0 to 6 as Byte 1 variable data bits 1 to 7 and M:1 as the bottom bit of first variable byte. I calculated C:4 externally and entered that as the top four bits of the second variable byte. I send the first two variable bytes as the make key and then XOR byte 1 with $01 and byte 2 with $10. and send the break key.
Nad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. This is awesome.

I did some testing with it and I found the ESC isn't working. Also the space bar is missing. I must have forgot to learn it so here is a file with both the space bar and esc keys.

http://www.gusek.net/jp1/keys5.IR

Also, please let me know if it's possible to make the arrow keys act more like the keyboard. When you press and hold them down, they only move 1 space. On the keyboard if you press it once it will move one, but if you hold it down it will move rapidly.

Thanks again, you've done a great job!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,

Learn the arrow keys with a sharp tap. They do repeat the "make" command from what I saw from the previous learned commands that you posted. I am trying to see if they have a "break" command at the end.

The short answer is I can make them repeat once we figure out that last part.

Also you had a couple of commands that weren't labeled and I put them at the bottom of the functions tab with the keys they were learned on and file name of the learned file.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought, just try this protocol instead. It repeats the "make" key as long as the button is held and sends the "break" command when released:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 F1 (S3C8+) PB v3.10
43 8C 12 8B 16 89 C5 10 05 08 00 F4 01 24 00 EA
01 24 3A 98 03 8E 01 13 FF FF 04 F6 01 46 B6 04
01 B6 05 10 8D 01 46
End

Last edited by jon_armstrong on Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I'll try the new protocol as soon as I get home tonight. I'll have to try the unlabeled commands as well. Hopefully I remembered the space bar.

Brad
Nad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,
I checked the new protocol and it does now repeat buttons when I hold them. It seems to be a little quick, so I'll have to get used to that. Also, the space bar is not in the unlabeled keys. Apparently I forgot to learn that one, please add it to the device file. The ESC key doesn't appear to be working. I've tested a lot of the keys and the ESC is the only one not working so far. Thanks for the excellent job.

Brad

I put both the ESC and Space Bar in this file:
http://www.gusek.net/jp1/keys5.IR
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change the speed of the repeats try changing the gap between frames in the protocol:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 F1 (S3C8+) PB v3.10
43 8C 12 8B 16 89 C5 10 05 08 00 F4 01 24 00 EA
01 24 3A 98 03 8E 01 13 FF FF 04 F6 01 46 B6 04
01 B6 05 10 8D 01 46
End

3A 98 is 15,000 decimal and represents 2 uSec increments. I have seen values in the decodes on the order of 100,000 uS so I would first try substituting 75 30 (30,000 decimal -- meaning 60,000 uS) to double the gap between frames and see if that works better and then keep adjusting until it until it quits working or you get to FF FF.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW,

6C 90 Space
60 60 Escape

Just paste the two hex bytes with the space in between in the OBC column if KM master. Once you get it working let me know what the gap value is in the protocol and any other keys mislabeled etc. and you or I can post the final upgrade.
Nad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Esc and Space keys work great. All keys seem to work now. I was playing around with the protocol to change the repeat speed and I don't think it is doing what I wanted. When I press a key I have to do a very quick tap to only get the key to send one signal. If I press the key normally it will usually send 2 or 3 signals. So if I hit the Up Arrow key it will scroll up 2 or 3 lines. I don't know if this is a setting on my remote or the protocol. I did play around with the protocol and even when I set the Gap between the Frames to FF FF I still had to tap the key very quickly to only get one signal sent. Please let me know if this is my remote (One-For-All 8810w) or the protocol. Thanks again.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: