JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LKP Macro confusion.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just trying to avoid you having to go through the trouble of increasing the duration. If you want to get started on it then look in KM or RM about how to use the device combiner protocol. Keep in mind that you may not need to do the device combiner protocol for all of the buttons since you can just create a small upgrade with just the power button and use that for your power macros. Also do a search in this forum on "duration" and "device combiner" for a lot of info on how to use it.

Just for the heck of it, in the LKP for powering the SAT put 2 shift-power's back to back and see what happens.
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greg,
I was just getting ready to post that I found that answer. I have an 8811 running extender 3 and was following this thread to try and figure out LKP so that I could use it on my remote.

Right now, I'm using shift+device_key to run macros to turn on gear and setup the inputs correctly.

I was thinking of keeping short key presses as just device selection, but adding long key press to turn off that gear. Then I could create a macro (assigned to a real key?) that executes all of the long key presses as a master shut down.

There is one additional bit of functionality that I've not figured out how to do. When watching HD via HD cable box using RCVR as audio, it happens almost every night that I need to switch back to viewing TV using ANT-A. So here's what I have to do:
1) select ANT-A input of TV (I've got a discrete for this)
2) mute RCVR (discrete for this).

Where/what's a logical key choice for something like this. I would also like to do the reverse, switch back from TV to watching HD by:

1) selecting HD TV input (I've got a discrete for this)
2) un-mute the RCVR (discrete for this).

Again, I need advice on logical key placement.

Thanks,
jeff
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff

It would seem logical to put the commands to enter TV mode in the TV device macro and the commands for watching HD in the CBL macro.

As I suggested to Phobia I would keep the power control out of the device macros and just do those on the power macros.

So basically as you suggested you would set up a macro that just does device selection and put that as the short press for your device LKP and another macro that that executes the first macro for device selection then add the commands to do the input and output selections for the long press.

By the way, just in case you haven't made the correlation the DEV_ commands in Phobias setup is equivalent to the X_ in yours. The equivalent to the SET_ commands is the T_, V_ etc.
Phobia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

Here is an IR file with my take of your idea. Basically I've defined LKPs on all of the Power buttons. [Short]:SHIFT-Power [Long]:phantom2

phantom2 = DEV_TV;SHIFT-Power;DEV_VCR;SHIFT-Power;EV_CBL;SHIFT-Power;DEV_AUX;SHIFT-Power;DEV_DVD;SHIFT-Power;DEV_SAT;SHIFT-Power

Then I've created LKPs on all of the System Device Keys that follow this formula :

[Short]:DEV_CBL;SHIFT-phantom1 [Long]:DEV_CBL;SHIFT-phantom1;DEV_AUX;1
(I just substitute DEV_"???" in place of DEV_CBL and change the input on the RCVR with the final DEV_AUX;"#")

Was this what you were thinking? It allows me to power everything off and on using any LKP Power press, and as the SAT is the last item, the holding method works to get the device to power on. (of course I've always got the [Short] command too if the SAT box doesn't power during the macro.

I'm really not sure long term which I would prefer... I'm so used to the system working the other way! Wink

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1298

Let me know what you think.

The SAT is still problematic... I'll try to add two SHIFT-Powers and see if that solves the problem.
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nils,
I have kept power commands out of the device macros. I use shift+CBL to setup for watching cable, for example.

Your last paragraph gave me an idea of what to do for the long key press. I could use this to go to a device ala my description above. the mute un-mute might be a bit tricky if RCVR isn't already on. If it's on already it's a piece of cake.

Just a quick aside, the family was tying to convince me to get a Harmony remote. As it would be "easier" to use. I spent 5hrs with it trying to get it to do what I wanted and back it went. I guess I'm just not a Harmony kind of guy. Now I just need to break them away from the TV OEM remote!

Best,
jeff
Phobia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

BINGO!!!

The two commands of SHIFT-Power in a row for the SAT works beautifully! So far 100% of the time the macro now works! WOO!

Laughing

Now I've just got to decide which method I prefer... do let me know if I got your idea right for the global power on/off.

-- Phob

EDITED : THANKS A MILLION BTW Smile

Last edited by Phobia on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
Now I just need to break them away from the TV OEM remote!

Heres a thought. Buy a Kameleon and use the batteries from the oem remotes. After a month when you have killed all the batteries in the house tell the family it is too expensive to replace them all and go back to your 8811. Laughing
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phobia wrote:
The two commands of SHIFT-Power in a row for the SAT works beautifully! So far 100% of the time the macro now works! WOO!

Great. My thought was that doing this is similar to holding the button which repeats buttons until you let go. It does not change the duration just how many times the button is sent. What gave me the clue was you holding it and then letting it go and it working. I guessed it sent multiple codes and that is why it worked.

Phobia wrote:
Now I've just got to decide which method I prefer... do let me know if I got your idea right for the global power on/off.

Yup, you got it.
Phobia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

Just wanted to let you know that my wife seems to like your macro ideas! Looks like we'll be using that method from here on in! Wink

I'd really love to have BOTH possibilities on the same configuration though ... is it even possible to have both LKP and DKP on the same keys? That would be cool! Smile

I've hidden my old method through my old Shifted macros, and I've got the new setup running from DKP macros.

In my perfect world I'd be able to define a LKP and DKP on all the device keys and the power buttons without having to shift first... ambrosia!!

Thanks again for all your help... its come a long way in a short time!

-- Phob
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: