JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

looking into JP1 with Scientific Atlanta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
new-guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: looking into JP1 with Scientific Atlanta Reply with quote

I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and this is really interesting to me...
I have a cable box from SA, model 3250HD and it came with the AT2000-4 remote control. When i opened the battery door i noticed that it has the 6 pin header for JP-1.

I tried programming the remote (used the codes in the manual) so i could use it for my home theater. I have a panasonic TV PT47x54 (rptv) and a Sony home theater surround system (cant think of the model #). Anyways, I cant do much with the TV (power on/off, ch +/-, no vol +/-), and none of the codes work with the Sony.

My question is, does anyone have any experience using JP1 on this remote? It is a 4 system remote in case anyone is wondering, so it is different in that aspect from the ER-1. Is it worth my while to spend time on this?
I would like to very much play with this JP1 and this remote since it is a nice remote. Any help and comments much appreciated!!
lexluthor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need to put the Sony into AV2 mode. Most Sony AV systems appear to not work with 3rd party remotes out of the box.

I have a HT-DDW660. I switched it inot AV2 mode and my Atlas 5 JP1 remote now does everythng I want.

Read here:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-sony/thread.cgi?4020

I also have the 53" version of that TV. No problems getting everything to work with my Atlas 5 remote. Did you start with the correct file from the yahoo group?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexluthor wrote:
You probably need to put the Sony into AV2 mode. Most Sony AV systems appear to not work with 3rd party remotes out of the box.
Actually, the reverse is probably true. Most newer Sony systems are set to AV2 out of the box, and would need to be changed to AV1 to be compatible with the older codes in the universal remotes. However, the OEM remote may or may not be capable of working in AV1 mode. An alternative would be to load an upgrade into the JP1 remote that uses the AV2 codes. There are upgrades for this in the JP1 files section.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had it backwards, but the JP1 upgrade I used from the yahoo forum works in AV1 mode.

The OEM remote no longer works, but I don't really care about that.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using an upgrade file that is set for AV1, and you'd prefer to use AV2 mode, then change the Device numbers in KM or RM:
    AV1 remote mode: Device1 = 16 Device2 = 144
    AV2 remote mode: Device1 = 48 Device2 = 176

lexluthor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that. Thanks. Yes, works fine. I just put my system back into the default AV2 setting, everything works with the universal remote and the OEM remote now.

Ok, might as well just leave it that way.

I'd guess that the OP either needs to adjust the device type to the AV2 mode or the system into AV1 mode and it'll work for him.
new-guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good tip...
I have the HT-DDW760....
it is not listed on that webpage you posted, but i will check out the various methods listed there to see if i can change it to AV1... hopefully that will make it work..
then i only need to worry about my TV and how to program this remote with JP1... there is no proper RDF for it, but someone on a different thread is starting to help me out with that... this JP1 stuff is really cool!!!
lexluthor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new-guy wrote:
good tip...
I have the HT-DDW760....
it is not listed on that webpage you posted, but i will check out the various methods listed there to see if i can change it to AV1... hopefully that will make it work..
then i only need to worry about my TV and how to program this remote with JP1... there is no proper RDF for it, but someone on a different thread is starting to help me out with that... this JP1 stuff is really cool!!!

Don't change the Receiver to AV1. Mr_d_p_gumby pointed out that you can just change the device upgrade file to Device1=48, Device2=176 and leave the Receiver in it's default AV2 mode.

I actually changed to that and am happy I leave the receiver in default mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: