JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Learning" new code from scratch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be so thick but when you talk about an extender referring to the p/shift button, is that something that I need to install or is it already set up that way? If I don't install it, do I understand that two quick presses of the p/shift key will do the same thing? If I want to install the extender, can I get it from the same link you sent for the fav/scan extender in the previous post?

Thank you.
Rachel
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shift operation is built-in on the remote.
When you define a Macro or KeyMove in IR.EXE it should be pretty obvious how you choose whether you're defining it for the unshifted or shifted key (just look at the GUI). Similarly in KM's buttons sheet for new upgrades it should be obvious how to assign functions to shifted and unshifted keys.

To shift an ordinary key you just need one press of P (with or without the extender). To shift a digit without the extender you need two presses of P. The extender makes shifting digits the same as shifting ordinary keys.

You use one extender for all the extra features it provides. There aren't seperate extenders for individual features. You can't have more than one extender installed together in your remote (though you can replace an extender with a different one later). They all are pretty much the same. They all enable KeyMoves and Macros on keys such as MySystem and Fav that normally can't have those. They all enable shifting of digits with just one press of P. The minor differences among extenders are documented within the .zip files and summarized in the comments in the directory where you download extenders.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! That info really helps.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question. I created a DVD recorder remote code from scratch. I've uploaded it into IR successfully. However, in the keymoves section, it has several buttons listed. My question is why it would say Device Button>CD is what the keymoves are bound to? I at first had the code for the DVDR to the CD button on my remote but have subsequently changed it to AUX button. Should I change the cd value on this to Aux, or do I even need them in AUX mode. Obviously, I don't want to use up more memory than needed.

Example line:
Device Button>CD
Key>Last
=
Device Button>AUX
Device Type>DVD
Setup Code>1505
Hex Cmd>$3D
EFC or Key Name>171
Note>Navi

Thanks.
Rachel
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a minor operational flaw in IR.EXE (that would be hard to correct).

IR.EXE knows how to add the KeyMoves associated with an upgrade when you install the upgrade and specify the device button. But if you then change things (rebind to a different device key or reinstall with a different set of KeyMoves), IR doesn't know how to delete or rebind the KeyMoves to keep them in sync with the upgrade.

When you make such changes you need to delete or rebind (as appropriate to the situation) the KeyMoves manually.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which would I want to do in this case - delete or rebind manually? Are the keymoves needed in AUX mode? Should I remove the upgrade altogether from IR and import again from KM into IR?

Sorry to be such a pest...I really am trying to learn this!
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: thanks johnsfine! Reply with quote

It just goes to show that if you read enough, all questions will be answered. I was wondering why when I tried to assign an advanced code to shift+1, I couldn't get it to execute unless I punched shift+shift+1!

Best,
jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: