JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chicony keyboard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the subject line of your thread to something that more accurately describes the content, so hopefully it will now attract the attention of our resident keyboard expert, Jon Armstrong.

As for the URC-6611, I've never heard of this remote, so unless that's a typo, there's no support for it at this time.
GameGod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I meant the 6131. Thanks for pointing it out Rob.
GameGod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Most keyboards don't actually send a compound key. They generally send a key-down and a key-up for each key (sometimes called -make and -break).

So Alt-S is actually Alt-down;S-Down;S-up;Alt-up

I haven't kept up with the IR keyboard stuff, but that is something I picked up along the way. I don't know if there a protcol available that actually allows you create individual down and up commands so that you create Alt-S as a macro.

I figured that's how it must be. But strangely, sending Alt and then S does not work. I figured that I don't need to send the up commands since I am not doing it for the other keys.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that the protocol you are using in your upgrade is actually sending the down and the up as part of the same remote button press.
So when you then you are sending Alt;S the remote is actually sending Alt-down;Alt-up;S-down;S-up
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
GameGod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device upgrade that I am using is here. I found it among the device upgrades, but the problem is that it does not have all the keys that I need.

The comment in the upgrade says that I have to change the device id from 1 to 0 to get an "up" code, so I think its only sending the down codes at the moment.

I have everything else working just the way I want it, now to only get this last hurdle over with...

Thanks for all your help... Any other ideas?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I'm not really up to speed on keyboards. One thing you might try is loading 2 upgrades. The first with the down and the second with the up. Then create a 4 step macro using the downs and ups as I suggested. IF that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for Jon to weigh in. He knows more about the IR keyboards than anyone else here.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G^2,

The upgrade that you are using just has only the down (or "make") key. I think there are notes in the upgrade on how to get the up (or "break") key. IIRC, you change the device number.

You may have a situation that requires the break key to execute (but I have yet to see one), but most of the time, as Greg explained, it just needs the make keys. You can load a second device upgrade for the break keys and experiment, if that works, you will probably then need to go to device specific macros (and the extender) to get it working the way you want. But for now just try the keys manually before you tackle the extender.
GameGod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that actually worked.

I added another device upgrade with the "up" keys and then used DSM's to send both the down and the up keys. This works for all the compound keys.

The only annoyance with this method is that its slightly slow for keys that are repeatedly pressed (skip back, skip fwd) so for those I remapped the keys to non compound keys.

Everything works now, thanks for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: