JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony tv 0000 won't respond to advanced codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bramdijks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Sony tv 0000 won't respond to advanced codes Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm a guy from Holland using an OFA urc 7562....

I was given a Sony tv KV-M2101D without the remote.
I toke my OFA-remote and tried some setup-codes... The codes 0000, 0505, 0010 and 0011 were the ones that worked! pretty good I thought...

Unfortunately I'm only able to find the advanced codes for setup 0000.
The advanced codes for the other setup-codes are nowere to be found (at least not for me Embarassed )

The advanced codes for 0000 are not working... The ones that did respond were not for the commands I searched for...

Can anyone please tell me were I can find the advanced codes for 0505, 0010 or 0011? Or maybe the direct codes for the KV-M2101D?

To make things clear (my English isn't perfect as y'all can see Surprised )
What I'm trying to accomplish, is to program the channels....

Hope my question is understandable to you readers!
Thnx in advance!

Bram
bramdijks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: sony tv Reply with quote

Hello....

I've searched the all of the .zip files in the archive on the yahoo-forum. It seems the only known advanced-codes for sony tv's are the ones for 0000......

Am I correct? Or am I not looking in the right direction?

Can someone please help me out?

Pretty please with sugar on top???
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best source of Sony TV signal information is
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_tv.htm

That gives the information using the device number and OBC number internal to each command. Those are not the same as the Setup code number and EFC number you need. There is a translation system for OBC to EFC and tables of translations on that same web site.

The tables on that page titled Sony:1 and Sony:164 are all signals that could be generated by the setup code TV/0000. If you need commands from other tables on that page, you need another setup code.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Sony tv 0000 won't respond to advanced codes Reply with quote

bramdijks wrote:
The codes 0000, 0505, 0010 and 0011 were the ones that worked!

My data on which setup codes are included in the 7562 is flawed, and I also lack data on what signals are generated by setup code 0011 (or did you mean 0111?).

Setup code TV/0111 uses exactly the same EFC numbers (advanced codes) as TV/0000.

Setup code TV/0505 uses the same EFC numbers as TV/0010. Half of those are the same as EFC numbers for TV/0000 (the ones for Sony:1 from that web page I mentioned earlier) and half give you Sony:3 signals. So if you need any of the Sony:3 signals listed on that page you can get them through TV/0505 or TV/0010.

If you need both the Sony:3 and Sony:164 signals, you can combine the setup codes using KeyMoves.

If you need the Sony:119 or Sony:151 signals, you'll need a .wav or JP1 upgrade. I'm pretty sure there is no built-in setup code for those.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll attack this from a different point of view - possibly misunderstanding how to program this set since you don't have the original remote (or owners manual?).
I'll check at work today to see if I have any manuals on similar non-US models. Some of these sets use different programming methods than
US models (and different operational procedures).
Two questions : about how old is the set (US models have mfr dates on the back). Are you sure that it can be programmed from the remote? Older non-US models tend to have more limited programming capabilities than US models.

I'm not sure about the programming method on your set (that is why I want to check for manuals) but the traditional method on older Sony TV's was to enter the channel manually (digits followed by pressing "enter") followed by pressing or selecting "add". On that note , what commands from the remote are you trying to send? Older Sony's also use different "menu" commands than the ones built into TV-0000 but these are within the advanced codes or on the Sony reference page if you know what to call them.
bramdijks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony tv 0000 won't respond to advanced codes Reply with quote

Hi john!

Here are some answers....

Quote:
(or did you mean 0111?).

I do really mean 0011....

Quote:
If you need both the Sony:3 and Sony:164 signals, you can combine the setup codes using KeyMoves.

I'm not sure I know what you men here, but I'll try findin'out be reading some JP1 stuff.....

Quote:
If you need the Sony:119 or Sony:151 signals, you'll need a .wav or JP1 upgrade.

Where can I get those .wav files? By caling OFA (That takes ages waiting and waiting), or are there .wav's archived on this website?

I appreciate y'all helping me out Very Happy

Greetz!
bramdijks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Steve.....

Quote:
two questions : about how old is the set (US models have mfr dates on the back). Are you sure that it can be programmed from the remote? Older non-US models tend to have more limited programming capabilities than US models.

My set is made in the UK... It's age however is nowere to be found, helas....
I've done some programming already with my model... Unfortunately the advanced codes I tried for 0000 were not the commands they should have been...
Quote:
what commands from the remote are you trying to send?

I tried a couple: menu (002) and auto-program(124 A'dev./116 B'dev.)
neither of which responded at all...
Quote:
Older Sony's also use different "menu" commands than the ones built into TV-0000 but these are within the advanced codes or on the Sony reference page if you know what to call them

reference page? Do you mean http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/?

Thnx in advance!
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the page I was referring to , it's listings are OBC which need to be converted to EFC's (RM and KM and IR canl do that for you).
I just learned a few commands from an RM-679MT that I had in the shop on an unrepairable foreign TV (KV 2900 - 1988 model - yours is a 1993 model.). I also looked at the Owner's manual for that set and the basic procedure to set channels is press "PRESET" then "TV SYS" to select the type of signal to be tuned in , then "AUTO PROGR". The "AUTO PROGR" command seems to be the same as the one in the advanced code list. The TV SYS command might not be needed or comes at a different time in the process.
The PRESET button is OBC 108 (EFC 131)
TV SYS is OBC 104 (EFC 130)
AUTO PROGR is OBC 107 (EFC 124)
COLOR SYS is OBC 106 (EFC 128)
SEARCH + is OBC 110 (EFC129)
SEARCH - is OBC111 (EFC 125)
These are listed as "obsolete" codes on http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/? but I think they are the one's you will need. Unlike a US set the AUTO PROGR button does not work until after you press PRESET , at least on the one's I've seen.
bramdijks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million Steve.....

It worked like nothing else...I apreciate your effort...

One question still: On the sony referencepage there is also an obsolete button called "trinitron". It doesn't do anything on my set (it is a trinitron...), but do you know what it should do? Also the "color sys" does not work

tnx..
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLOR SYS was probably specific to the KV2900. Your set , being newer , probably does some form of auto-detect. The other command should actually be TRINITONE not TRINITRON. It is a color temperature adjustment on some TV models (mostly projection sets) but not all of them.

Even with the original remote I wouldn't have known how to program the set except trial and error without some form of manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: