JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

makehex and pioneer mix protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: makehex and pioneer mix protocol Reply with quote

First, I'm french, sorry for my english... I have a pioneer xv-htd1, my goal is to build a ccf for my pronto to use with it. I have found (on jp1 group file archive) the jp1 upgrade for pioneer xv-htd510, wich use the same remote. I tried to use makehex, but I can't, because there is no pioneer mix irp file. Perhaps someone can help me ?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the whole answer. I was hoping one of the other experts would answer this one. I may have time to look some things up later.

Each Pioneer protocol device uses two different signal structures.

Most commands are "single frame" and that form is the same for all Pioneer protocol devices.

Some commands for each device are "double frame". There are two different double frame signal structures. But so far as I've seen, each device only uses one of them.

I forget whether .irp files for all three structures have been released or what they are called.

The "Pioneer mix" protocol in JP1 is not a single signal structure, so there wouldn't be a .irp file to correspond to a whole upgrade of Pioneer Mix. Instead, it is a combination of the single frame structure and one (I forget which) of the two double frame structures, and it also supports some combination of device numbers.

A given run of MakeHex handles one signal structure for one device number (single frame) or one set of 1'st dev, 2'nd dev and prefix command (double frame).

So part of the problem involves understanding the JP1 upgrade to see the structure and device data for each command.

Then you run MakeHex a few times: once for each set of device data, producing all the commands that share that device data.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming this unit is similar to the XV-HTD510 that's in the file section, it does indeed use the "Pioneer MIX" protocol.

The MIX protocol uses both single and double frame signals. The single frame signals use the same device code as part1 of the double frame signals. The first part of the double frame signals use 1 of 2 or 3 available OBCs.

In this case, the single/part1 device code is 166, the part2 device code is 175.

The OBCs used for the part1 signals are 160 and 161.
The OBCs for the single signals and the part2 signals are varied.
jymmmmmm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your answers, but I'm very new in jp1 and I don't understand what I must do whith makehex. And I don't understand what I must do whith the results...

But thank you to try.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your purpose, the XLS file Rob included is more useful than the .txt file.

For the signals where Dev2, Cmd2 and the second "OBC" are listed listed as blank, you use the Pioneer.irp file. Edit it so the device is 166 (Dev1 from that spreadsheet. Then use MakeHex to generate the numbered set of functions. Then use the OBC column of the XLS file to identify the function number of each Pronto Hex string in the MakeHex output.

I think the signals with Dev2 non blank can be generated with the Pioneer2.irp file. Change the device line to say
Device=166.175
That is from Dev1 and Dev2 in Rob's XLS.
You need to use it twice. First change the second line of the .irp to say
Define P=160
Then use MakeHex to generate all the signals where the OBC column is 160. When you use that MakeHex, the function labels in the MakeHex output will correspond to the second OBC column (column J) in that XLS.

Next change to
Define P=161
to get all the signals where coulmn G is 161, again using column J to identify the signals within the output.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: