JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trouble assigning SAT code to AUX on URC-7800

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VelociRacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Trouble assigning SAT code to AUX on URC-7800 Reply with quote

I am trying to program a Samsung FTA Sat/Set-top box code to the AUX button of my 5y/o OFA Cinema 7 URC-7800 without luck. The led does one long blink rather than 2 short ones to confirm programming a device button. What could that mean? Memory full? SAT does not belong on AUX? Would a JP1 cable force the issue?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AUX button is an "audio" button by default, so you would need to re-map it to be a SAT button before you can assign a SAT code to it. Also, are you sure that the code you need is in the URC-7800? Did you try it on the SAT button first?

The instructions for re-mapping a device button are on page 26 of the user manual.
VelociRacer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I tried a few Samsung cable/sat box codes straight from the Cinema7 manual which came with it. So I assume my C7 remote should recognize. I cannot use the Cable/Sat button as it is already programmed for my Echo* 3700 SAT receiver.

I'll try the re-assign procedure and report back.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point regarding the SAT button was just that you could verify whether the code you need is in the remote before you bother trying to re-assign the AUX button.

I am trying to head off the series of questions that typically come next...

For example...

Q: I tried programming SAT/1234 to the AUX button to control my Samsung STB and it doesn't work, why?

A: Did you re-assign the AUX button to be a SAT button?

Q: I hadn't, but now I have and it still doesn't work.

A: When you say "doesn't work" do you mean the code wasn't accepted or that it doesn't control the Samsung?

Q: The code wasn't accepted. Do you think I didn't re-assign the AUX button properly?

A: Try the SAT/1234 code on the SAT button first.

Q: OK, I tried programming SAT/1234 onto the SAT button and it wasn't accepted there either.

A: That means that that code isn't in the remote.
VelociRacer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up! I am prepared for the possibility that none of the Samsung SAT codes in the Cinema7 manual would work for the Samsung DSB-4700F receiver I have. In that case, I plan on buying a JP1 cable to work some magic to make it work. I need it anyway to teach the Cinema7 to control some new hardware I've acquired in the last year (LG LST-3510A DVD/HDTV STB, NEC 42XM2A/S Plasma). Wouldn't assigning AUX as a SAT buttong be a pre-requisite to programming with JP1 interface? Or does it not matter?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VelociRacer wrote:
Wouldn't assigning AUX as a SAT buttong be a pre-requisite to programming with JP1 interface?

You can program the URC-7800 remote using JP1 regardless of what mode you have the AUX button programmed to.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UI for JP1, you set the whole setup code (device type and 4 digit number) in one place, and it makes no difference whether or not it is the same device type that button was last used for.

In the UI of the remote itself, you have one process for setting the 4-digit number and a different process for setting the type. Ssetting the type is only required if the type will be different from the type last used on that button (or if the type hasn't been changed sice the last reset, the default type).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: