JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Starchoice/General Instrument Satellite Receiver Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronwild41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Starchoice/General Instrument Satellite Receiver Remote Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help with my Sears DVD-r problem, I am almost ready to upload the KM file. I finally worked the KM through from start to finish and had great success.

So I decided to work on my starchoice remote, however when I learn keys, there are no EFC codes and when I look at 0869 in the devices4 sheet, there are only what appear to be double Hex codes in the EFC column.

Am I doing something wrong again or ?

Thabks.....Ron
ronwild41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Starchoice Reply with quote

I managed to get this working, now the only problem I have is that not all the buttons on my Starchoice showup on the devices file.

I have got around this by learning the codes into other keys, however as I mentioned before, the learned signals do not show EFC, OBC or Hex codes in IR, so I can't map them in KM.

Thanks....Ron
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What upgrade are you using?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Starchoice Reply with quote

ronwild41 wrote:

I have got around this by learning the codes into other keys, however as I mentioned before, the learned signals do not show EFC, OBC or Hex codes in IR, so I can't map them in KM.

Does it really not show OBC?

I found one set of learned signals you posted. It includes one G.I.4DTV signal. I assume that's from your Starchoice.

With the DecodeIr version I'm using, that does show device and OBC.

It isn't supposed to show EFC, because UEI's support for G.I.4DTV was so kludgy that EFC numbers were meaningless.

In KM or RM you should be using OBC numbers, not EFC numbers for this protocol.

If you are having trouble getting the OBC numbers from the learned signals, give me a URL for the file containing the learned signals you have trouble with.
ronwild41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Starchoice Reply with quote

No it does not show OBC.

I am using version 3.07 of the IR decoder.

I just downloaded Rob's Starchoice version, and am going to have a look at it in KM Master.

Thanks.....Ron
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Starchoice Reply with quote

ronwild41 wrote:
No it does not show OBC.

As I said before, you can post the file containing those learned signals and get help.

ronwild41 wrote:

I am using version 3.07 of the IR decoder.

Did it come with source code Smile
I wrote it and I'm using 2.19 (not released yet). I'd save myself a lot of work if I could get the source code to version 3.07 Wink

ronwild41 wrote:

I just downloaded Rob's Starchoice version, and am going to have a look at it in KM Master.

I also just downloaded that. I don't recall the status of the "GI 4DTV Official" protocol in KM. I hope it uses the same OBC numbers as the decoder does.

I notice that upgrade does not include OBC 26, which is the command you had learned to CBL/SAT:1S in the file you uploaded. Either that means OBC numbering isn't compatible, or it means OBC 26 is one of the commands you want to add to that upgrade.

I assume once you look at the functions sheet in KM it will be obvious how to add functions and specify them by OBC numbers.
ronwild41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Starchoice Reply with quote

I don't know anything about source codes, however the GI 4DTV protocol works. For this remote, when you download the buttons from the Device spreadsheet to the KM master sheet, it only has two 2 Byte hex codes, there are no OBC or EFC codes. However when you transfer it to IR, it shows a double set of EFC codes under the device tab.

So if I want to add my learned code to the spread sheet, I think I need the 2 Byte equivalent of the OBC code you gave me.

Thanks....Ron
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Starchoice Reply with quote

ronwild41 wrote:
I don't know anything about source codes,

I thought I was clear enough about that being a JOKE. The point was what version of DecodeIr are you really using?

ronwild41 wrote:
when you download the buttons from the Device spreadsheet to the KM master sheet, it only has two 2 Byte hex codes, there are no OBC or EFC codes.

We know that. For devices that don't have sensible EFC numbers, the Device spreadsheet will show hex commands instead. When you force KM to use hex commands it WON'T translate those to sensible OBC numbers, and in this case CAN'T translate them to EFC.

I assumed (based on what you said earlier) that you used the upgrade Rob made using OBC numbers, rather than a transfer from the Device spreadsheet (which has fewer functions in a less useful form).

ronwild41 wrote:
However when you transfer it to IR, it shows a double set of EFC codes under the device tab.

IR always displays EFC numbers for upgrades. If the protocol has hex commands that don't correspond to any useful EFC numbers then IR displays EFC numbers that are basically useless.

ronwild41 wrote:

So if I want to add my learned code to the spread sheet, I think I need the 2 Byte equivalent of the OBC code you gave me.

You need to be using an upgrade that is driven by OBC numbers. Then you can enter the extra OBC numbers directly and it will compute the 2 byte hex for you.

If you really insist on using a KM upgrade driven by hex commands, then you need to create (or use Rob's) a second KM file driven by OBC numbers, and let KM in that second file compute the 2 byte hex values that you want for the first file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: