JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-1995 and HDVR2 - WOW! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KSR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: 15-1995 and HDVR2 - WOW! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Reply with quote

I have two 15-1995 Radio Frequency remotes. I also have an HDVR2 that is now upgraded with 120G, 7200RPM, 8MB cache, QUIET disk drive. I wanted my 15-1995 remotes to control my HDVR2. So I purchased an ULTRA JP1 cable. It arrived tonight. Within minutes I had both remotes programmed to do EVERYTHING I ever wanted. At first I was unable to get VPT to work and then I read that if you reassign/redefine a device key to be a different device key that VPT doesn't work. It was a real relief to find that out!!! Shocked So I used KeyMoves to add TV Volume to my SAT that is programmed as a VCR. I guess I alternatively could have programmed the HDVR2 as a SAT and then used KeyMoves to add REV, FF, PAUSE, STOP, and any other key that is not in the SAT keymap. VPT would have worked in that case? Is that right?

As for first impressions, and as stupid as it now seems Embarassed , it wasn't obvious that I needed to COPY and PASTE the Protocols from KM to IR. That slowed me down by at least 30 minutes. I also had to learn to delete the MACROS and KEYMOVES that I didn't want. I also found very useful the shorthand directions for KM and IR at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=324. Scroll down to see the numbered directions by UsBlipitor. That is what helped me know I needed to copy the Protocols!

I wonder if I'll want to do even more programming in the future. I'm afraid that after a couple of hours, I've done all that I want done. Maybe I'll buy another remote with JP1 to use when I am sitting in front of the TV and HDVR2 (not RF). That way I'll have one remote that can change the INPUT of my TV and do all my TiVo commands.

I want to thank all those who have created these tools so that I could add a new device to my remote. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Also thanks to HovisDirect (www.hovisdirect.com) for selling me an awesome cable. Very Happy Rolling Eyes Laughing Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: