JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

discrete code for Sony video 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: discrete code for Sony video 4 Reply with quote

I have a Sony KV-32FS13 television. The discrete code for input video 4 is not working. Both websites recommended in the sticky are telling me that the discrete code is EFC 29 (OBC 71). I have created this as a keymove for my TV device under the Phantom2 key, then created a macro for it that looks like "TV,Phantom2" - it just plain doesn't work. Another macro I created like "TV,Phantom1" (input video 1, EFC 243 (OBC 36)) works just fine. Am I missing something?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you confirmed that the EFC works at all? Try the direct EFC entry method. Press the TV button (assuming it is assigned the setup code that controls the KV-32FS13), the press the SETUP button and enter the 3-digit EFC making sure to point the remote at the device before pressing the last digit. If the input changes, that confirms the EFC; if not, you'll need to find the correct EFC (possibly by learning it from the OEM remote?).
mathboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, the EFC doesn't work at all! The other three input discretes work fine 30 (video 2) ,32 (video 3) and 34 (video 1). The factory original equipment only has a toggle button that will cycle through all the inputs as a TV/VID button and that EFC is 239. Any other ideas?
mathboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a topic thread on remotecentral.com that diagnosed my problem. It seems that certain FS model Sony televisions do not support the discrete code for Video 4. My work around would be to program the video 3 discrete + a TV/VID to make video 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: