JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lighted keys don't work on URC-8810

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caphynehy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Lighted keys don't work on URC-8810 Reply with quote

I know this question isn't about programming, but maybe you guys can help me. I have a URC-8810 and since I bought it the lighted buttons feature hasn't worked. In the manual it just says to press the light key to turn the feature on and off. I've held the light key in excess of 30 seconds to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any solutions?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LIGHT button turns the "light feature" on and off, not the light itself. So, here's how it should work.

If the light feature and the light are both off, when you press LIGHT, both the light and the light feature will turn on. Then after a few seconds the light will go out, but the light feature is still on. Then when you press any button (except the LIGHT button) the backlight will come on.

If you press the LIGHT button while the light feature is on (and the light is either on or off, it makes no difference), you will turn the light feature off.
caphynehy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get anything from pressing the light button at all. Do you think the light is just broken? Should the red LED blink when I press the light button? It doesn't.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it really doesn't come on at all, then something is broken. Now, unlike remotes like the 15-1994 that have an EL sheet and a transformer, the URC-8810 just has several small LEDs for it's backlight, so I can't imagine that all of them (and there's about 8 or 10, IIRC) are broken, so something else must be the cause. The only thing I can think of is...

a) your batteries are too week to power all those LEDs
b) the LIGHT button itself is worn out and is not making a connection with the PCB
caphynehy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wiggled the light button a little last night and now the keys light up fine. I took the remote apart the other day so maybe that made it better. Thanks for all your help Very Happy .
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: