JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer VSX-D912K
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, and no. Sad I'm hoping someone else here does, though.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not yet found Auto Surround or Dialog Enhancement, but I did find two new codes that work on my 1014 and are not in the Pioneer master upgrade:

VIDEO 2 OBC 023 dev# 2 EFC 077 hex E8 EC
DVR/VCR OBC 137 dev# 2 EFC 134 hex 91 95
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do these codes do? Is "Video 2" an input select code? If so, I assume that "Video" (OBC 22) is also an input select code. Does the "DVR/VCR code toggle between the two modes, or does it select the "DVR/VCR" input.

At any rate, I have just added both of them to the master list (so thanks for posting them). I have also re-sorted the codes in the list into device code/OBC order to make the gaps more obvious.

For example, video is OBC 22 and video2 is OBC23 then there's a gap for OBCs 24 and 25 before the next command. You might want to give these a try to see if they do anything.

I've also swapped the OBCs in all of the 2-part signals and now they seem to make alot more sense.
Herbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What do these codes do? Is "Video 2" an input select code? If so, I assume that "Video" (OBC 22) is also an input select code. Does the "DVR/VCR code toggle between the two modes, or does it select the "DVR/VCR" input.

DVR/VCR is a single input on my VSX-509 receiver, they seem to assume you'd only have one or the other.

I've only got Video, not Video 2. Video is the front panel input, presumably for connecting your video camera.

Here's what's wierd, on my VSX-509, I think I've got a different EFC for the DVR/VCR input. Don't remember what the Video input is off hand since I don't use it.

On my OE remote, the number keys selected the device inputs, and I kept that organization, so DVR/VCR is Keypad 5 (EFC 141, OBC 015, Hex 0xF0 0xF0)

My upgrade is using the 2CMD protocol (to get access to some of the DSP and DTS control functions), and I seem to recall there was some difference with the LSB/LSB-COMP type versus one of the other protocols, but mine works for me.

Here's mine for reference:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Audio/Pioneer_vsx_509.txt

I wonder of the other code works as well?

Hmm...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see how you did the numeric buttons but may I suggest a better way. Rather than listing the functions as "Num 1" etc (which would mis-lead someone looking at this into thinking that the code is for the "Num 1" button) you should label the function with the correct input name and then assign that function to the 1 button in the Buttons sheet.

I'm guessing that you went with the 2CMD protocol because there were a few codes that didn't work using the official 3DEV protocol. If this is the case, the good news is that the 4DEV protocol that I wrote (and is used by the master file) can handle all of these.

Here is how I see that you have the numeric buttons programmed...

num 0: CD
num 1: Tuner / band
num 2: ???
num 3: input: TAPE3
num 4: DVD/LD
num 5: input: VCR1/TAPE1
num 6: input: VCR2
num 7: ???
num 8: TV/SAT
num 9: DVD

I don't have matches in my master file for the codes you have assigned to the 2 and 7 buttons, so what do these buttons do? Do you disagree with my labels for the other numeric buttons? If so, what do they do on your Pioneer?

I also don't have a match for the code that you have assigned to the EXIT button.

Btw, the video and video2 functions I was talking about earlier are different to the VCR1 and VCR2 functions that you have assigned to the 5 and 6 buttons.
Herbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that I wrote that one from scratch. It was based on one of the other Pioneer VSX files in the upgrades section (don't remember which). The function labeling is an artifact of the original creator's work. I'd lost my original KM Upgrade file, and when I was moving from the 1994 to the 6131, I was trying to recreate it quickly, so I started with the only upgrade file that seemed to work most of the functions as-is.

I'm struggling to remember, but I'm fairly certain that the default mapping from my original 1994 matched this usage. (i.e. hitting "5" on the AUD/0013 device selected the VCR input. Looking at Devices4 it looks like the EFC for that is 058 (NEC2-E2) which matches up with the Hex Data $0F.

Now in this converted 2DEV file, I think I get that hex data for EFC 141...

OK, I just played around with the EFC calculator, and that's the EFC you get when you put $0F $0F, so I guess the EFC from KM isn't valid when you have the repeated Hex Value in the 2DEV, you have to look at the OBC. OK, lesson learned there.

It looks like the original 15-1994 Mapped "5" and "8" to "VCR" and "TV/SAT" respectively. Mapping "DVD/LD" to "4" was an extension of that in one of the original upgrades, IIRC.

Yes, I dinked around with some of the 3DEV files and had trouble getting even some of the basic stuff to work, whereas the 2DEV-based file worked for most stuff and just needed the upgrade.

Bottom line, it works for me as is, but if I need to go back to it, I'll give 4DEV a shot.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not concerned about OBCs or EFCs here, I have those covered, I'd just like to know what each of the numeric buttons, and the EXIT button, actually do on your Pioneer because EXIT, 2 and 7 are all programmed with codes that I don't have listed. So, if you could try out those buttons when you get home and let me know what they do (if anything) I'd appreciate it.

If you're happy with your current setup and don't need any of the functions from device code 163 (CD/DVD functions) or 164 (tuner functions), there's absolutely no reason for you to switch.
jptheripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: dvd code Reply with quote

seeing as you have the 812 (as i do, without the original remote)

can you tell me the direct code to get into dvd mode? the one from the master list and the 712 goes directly to dvd 5.1/7.1, and i cant for the life of me find one that goes to dvd.

ty
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are all the input codes that I know of. These all come from device code 165, so give these a try. There are 2 that I have no idea what they select (see my earlier posts asking for clarification on these).

If any of these select an input other than what I have listed, please let me know.

OBV - Function
012 - INPUT: TV/SAT
013 - INPUT: LD
014 - INPUT: VCR2
015 - INPUT: VCR1/TAPE1
016 - INPUT: SAT
017 - INPUT: TAPE2
022 - INPUT: video1
023 - INPUT: video2
029 - INPUT: TAPE3
070 - INPUT: ???
071 - INPUT: Tuner / band
076 - INPUT: CD
077 - INPUT: Phono
078 - INPUT: ???
079 - INPUT: DVD
133 - INPUT: DVD/LD
136 - INPUT: CDR/Tape
137 - INPUT: DVR/VCR
jptheripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome thank you.. ill let you know how they work.

-jp
Herbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'm not concerned about OBCs or EFCs here, I have those covered, I'd just like to know what each of the numeric buttons, and the EXIT button, actually do on your Pioneer because EXIT, 2 and 7 are all programmed with codes that I don't have listed. So, if you could try out those buttons when you get home and let me know what they do (if anything) I'd appreciate it.

OK, so it appears EXIT, 2, 6, and 7 do nothing on my receiver. "6" is your code for VCR2, which I don't have. As for the other three, must be that they're nonsense from the original upgrade file I started from.

The other number keys function as such:

1 - Tuner
3 - Monitor On/Off
4 - DVD/LD
5 - VCR/DVR
8 - TV/SAT
9 - AUX
0 - CD

Most of those line up with the master map you have, except for the following:

9 - AUX = "DVD" on your master list. Probably the DVD code for devices that don't have "DVD/LD", etc.
5 - VCR/DVR = "VCR1/TAPE1" on your list. Again, probably just a nomenclature difference

and more significantly:
3 - Monitor Toggle (OBC 029) is "TAPE3" on your list. This is the only one that's "significant" in that on my device its not an input select.

While I've got everything open, I think maybe I'll swap 2 and 7 for the codes I actually have inputs for (CDR/Tape and Video).

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Herbie, I'll modify the master list tomorrow. I'm not surprised that the names of the inputs vary slightly from model to model, that's somewhat common. If you think about it, an "AUX" input on an older model could well be renamed to "DVD" on a later model, if the earlier model came out before DVDs were invented for example.

Also, an input labelled "VCR" on a model that only has one video input, could well be relabelled as "VCR1" on a model that has two.

Now, do OBCs 22 and 23 (ie, video and video1) do anything on your model? Note that video1/2 are different to VCR1/2.
Herbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Thanks Herbie, I'll modify the master list tomorrow. I'm not surprised that the names of the inputs vary slightly from model to model, that's somewhat common.

Yeah, the only one I thought was significant was the "Monitor" toggle instead of the input select. (OBC 29)

The Robman wrote:

Now, do OBCs 22 and 23 (ie, video and video1) do anything on your model? Note that video1/2 are different to VCR1/2.

Yes, OBC 22 works to select the "Video" front panel input. I went ahead and added that and OBC 136 (CDR/Tape) to my upgrade so now I have one button access to all of the inputs on the 509. I'll upload the updated file when I can, on the off chance that someone else is looking for the exact upgrade to a 3+ year old receiver! Wink

Cheers...
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are all 8 input selections on the VSX-1014TX exactly as labelled:

012 TV/SAT
022 VIDEO 1
023 VIDEO 2
071 TUNER
076 CD
133 DVD/LD
136 CD-R/TAPE/MD
137 DVR/VCR
lifeisfun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lurker,
did you managed to finish the upgrade for VSX-1014TX ?
I have tried but failed miserably Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: