JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

discrete codes for Panny 34wx53

View previous topic :: View next topic  
e34m5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: discrete codes for Panny 34wx53 Reply with quote

Does any one if this set offers discrete codes for the video inout selection, and if so what they are..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful if you mention what sort of device this is (ie, TV, VCR, etc)
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV.

I don't know the specifics about his model, but most panny TV's have basic functions on TV_0250, which is panny 128.0.

Video's 1-4 (discretes) are usually found here in the efc 180's range (If his only has three Video's, and 1 component, the efc for "video 4" may work "Component 1") Components (If s-video's are 4, and there's 2 componernt video inputs) are typically found in Panny 128.4. There are extensive threads at RC concerning Panny Tv's.

Panny (on some models) also use Panny 128.8 but those are usually concerning things related to aspect. Bogroca (sp?) posted a spreadsheet with a breakdown on all three of these, and last I saw it was still in the JP-1 yahoo files. No one has made a comprehensive study/list of exactly which models require which codes, so most likey our poster will just have to see what all his particular model requires. He might get lucky and find an upgrade posted for his specific model, but as noted in various sticky notes, that's his responsibility to check first. At any rate, with what's available in the files, he shouldn't have much of a problem doing a little trial and error testing to narrow down what will work his model. it would help knowing what remote he's using as well. Panny 128.4 can also be gotten from ueic as TV_0650. I'm not sure if they "officially" settled and on a combo code for 128.0 and 128.4. It would also help to know if the poster was including Components 1 and 2 among those video inputs he was looking for. I'd suggest that he check JP-1 yahoo files>devices>TV for what he's looking for.

Jim
e34m5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refresh my memory.

How do I send an EFC from the remote just so I can test if it works. I remember there was some way to this but I haven't played with this in a while.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short press of the setup button ("P", "Set", "Magic", etc. depending on model of remote) followed by the three digit EFC number.

The signal is sent while the third digit is pressed, so you may need to aim the remote after pressing the first two digits and you may need to hold the third digit pressed for a few seconds to see the result.
e34m5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: