JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DirecTV D10: learned signals show ONLY async protocol
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device and protocol upgrade are here

The complete algorithm for the check byte is:
Multiply the OBC bits (7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0) individually by 0x (E,7,A,5,6,3,2,1) and then Mod 16 that sum.

There were four commands that I decoded from Bugman that still don't have labels. They are labeled as OBC's 65 - 68. Bugman you might give those a try and see what they do. It may be nothing. The remote may be putting out commands not recognized by the gear.

Bugman, you don't have to do this but it would be great to test all 256 commands and see if you find discrete power commands or hidden features like a free subscription to the Spice channel (ony kidding).

There is a risk that you reset factory settings or have to get DirecTV to download firmware again.
bugman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

YOU ARE DA MAN!!!

Had to tinker with it a little bit however (which with my very limited knowledge is quite dangeroous!).

When I loaded your file into KM, it came up as a 1594 remote. I changed it to a 2116, & saw that the codes & protocol data changed some, so I figured that was the correct thing to do.

Copied the upgrade & protocol into IR, and set the SAT device on the General tab to your Upgrade setup code of 1377. Uploaded to the remote... but nothing worked.

Did it all over again very carefully, but still nothing worked. Then I noticed that when I hit the SAT button on the remote, it was displaying a setup code of 0392 (not the 1377 that I had uploaded to it). Tried manually setting the remote to setup code 1392 but it said "Not Found".

So... since the remote seemed to like 0392... I followed the theory I'd seen here (add 1,000 to the original code)... and changed the setup code in your upgrade to 1392. Uploaded to the remote & it worked! And now when I hit the SAT buttton it displays 1392. Does it make sense that it would not like a certain setup code number?

Also I don't have Volume Punch Thru... and am tinkering with that now. I have the TV set to code 0250 (which works the TV fine), and in the Other Settings box on the right side of the General tab I have My System Volume Device = TV, VPT Status = ON & VPT Device = TV. I thought that would do it but it doesn't. I have to select the TV button to get the Vol buttons to work.

Any help there would be appreciated.

THANKS again for the upgrade!!!!! (How do you guys DO that???.....)
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have to manually change remote type in KM and setup code in IR. You could have selected 1377 in IR, but what you did was fine the setup numbers are arbitrary. On the VPT issue the best thing to do is post your IR file that you are now using and one of us will take a look.

I'm glad it worked for you. As to how we do this, it involves sitting around in darkened rooms with aluminum foil over our heads ...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugman wrote:
Copied the upgrade & protocol into IR, and set the SAT device on the General tab to your Upgrade setup code of 1377. Uploaded to the remote... but nothing worked.

Did it all over again very carefully, but still nothing worked. Then I noticed that when I hit the SAT button on the remote, it was displaying a setup code of 0392 (not the 1377 that I had uploaded to it). Tried manually setting the remote to setup code 1392 but it said "Not Found".

Why would you try to program 1392 when the code you added is 1377 ? Also, you don't mention the device mode. Did you add SAT/1377 and if so, did you verify that the SAT button is currently using the SAT device mode? That fact that your VPT is broken leads me to believe that you are not using SAT mode on the SAT device button.
bugman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did change the SAT code to 1377 in the GENERAL tab in IR... the remote just it just didn't accept it when I uploaded for some reason. Anyway... it's working now with 1392 & I'm happy!

OK, just posted the file I am using (which includes your upgrade) here.

Everything seems to work good so far except VPT. I have to hit the TV key to get the TV volume to work.

Thanks....
bugman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

My bad - I made a TYPO in that post... I DID actually try programming the remote manually to 1377 to match the setup code jon used in his upgrade, but it wouldn't take it - display said "Not Found". Then I changed the setup code in the upgrade to 1392 & uploaded to the remote & it worked.

And yes... I set the SAT Device Button to SAT Type in the General tab in IR.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IR general tab, other settings scroll down the menu and set SAT VPT to ON. Make sure to upload that to the remote.
bugman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... up until now I just felt a little ignorant on this stuff.

Now I feel just plain stupid.

That should have been obvious to me....

THANKS to Jon & Robman for all you did. I think I'm good to go!

OH... should I delete all the files I uploaded to the DIAG area??
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official upgrade codes from UEI for the D10 SAT receiver are, address #1-SAT1377, #2-1378, #3-1379, and #4-1380.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added the discrete power commands and fixed data for the Sat 2 to the upgrade same link as before at the top of this page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: