JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba TV codes - for 36Z18P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudeboymcc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Toshiba TV codes - for 36Z18P Reply with quote

1. Device: Toshiba 36Z18P
2. Type of device: TV
3. Remote model: don't know
4. JP1 user? yes
5. Still have original remote? never did
6. Checked Yahoo file section? yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? don't know where this is

Hi. i bought the above TV without a remote (display model, they lost it somewhere). the standard codes for toshiba's works (ie without using the computer at all) but i want more buttons. things like wide screen mode and the settings menu. this can't be accessed without the remote.

some people have said toshiba stay the same with all their codes but i've tried with a different tv's codes and it doesn't work. for example the TV/VIDEO on one tv is the SURROUND MENU on mine.

how can i get my codes without trying every single one left (that will take ages as there are 200 blanks on my code list)?.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Toshiba TV codes - for 36Z18P Reply with quote

rudeboymcc wrote:

7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? don't know where this is

RC toshiba television

That has several files for the 36ZP18P. I don't know if that's the same as what you have.

You need DecodeCCF to dump those to a moderately readable form.

rudeboymcc wrote:

i want more buttons. things like wide screen mode and the settings menu.

I looked at one of those files. It has two different commands named "Pic Size" EFC 100 and 233. "Menu" is EFC 235. I don't know if those are the functions you mean.

rudeboymcc wrote:

some people have said toshiba stay the same with all their codes but i've tried with a different tv's codes and it doesn't work. for example the TV/VIDEO on one tv is the SURROUND MENU on mine.

You mean you tried setup codes other than the basic TV/0156?

There are a few details different from one Toshiba model to another, but with JP1 trying other built-in setup codes probably is less useful than trying all the EFC numbers.

rudeboymcc wrote:

how can i get my codes without trying every single one left (that will take ages as there are 200 blanks on my code list)?.

I hope those CCF files help.

Edit: I had said something here that sounded like a suggestion to try the missing 200 commands. Somehow I managed to forget that we were talking about a Toshiba TV when I typed that. I definitely don't advise trying that for a Toshiba TV.

Last edited by johnsfine on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are no one here is going to have the exact same model TV you have. So I suggesting trying the Toshiba upgrades in the TV folder, one at a time, until you find one that works.

Another approach is to tell us which setup code works for basic functions, then look here to see what advanced codes (aka EFCs) are available.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
rudeboymcc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Johnsfine!! it works now!

i jsut went through the four files for this tv on that site and took out all the tv functions they had!.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Toshiba TV codes - for 36Z18P Reply with quote

rudeboymcc wrote:
3. Remote model: don't know

That question is asking which JP1 remote you have, as sometimes it makes a difference.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying all the EFC codes on a Toshiba TV is dangerous, since some of them can damage your TV.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also a very complete listing for all Toshiba TV's.
rudeboymcc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnarmstrong, i did do a search for toshiiba codes and found that very site, but it's not the right one. the basic keys like power, numbers and mute are all the same but all the other functions are different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: