JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1994 internal sleep timer question.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: 1994 internal sleep timer question....... Reply with quote

I'm thinking about picking up a 1994 located in my area. If I do so is it possible to learn the sleep timer to my 2117 and then make an upgrade of it?

What I'm trying to accomplish is getting a sleep timer setup for my devices that don't have a built in sleep command.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a 15-1994 available locally, pick it up because this remote is a hard to find classic. Even if you don't keep it for yourself you can sell it.

As for the SLEEP timer, I think you need to understand what the sleep timer does. If your device has a built in sleep timer, and the programmers at UEI know about it, then pressing the SLEEP button on the 15-1994 will simply send a regular IR signal, which can indeed be learned, but in this case your original remote would also have a SLEEP button which you could learn from.

If the original device lacks a built in sleep timer, when you press the SLEEP button on the 15-1994, what will happen is this, the 15-1994 will go into timer mode, then after a set period of time (60 minutes, I think) it will send the POWER signal to turn off the device. So, given that knowledge, you can see that there's nothing for you to learn. There's no signal sent when the SLEEP button is initially pressed, and after 60 minutes the signal that gets sent is the same signal that gets sent all the time from the POWER button.
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Thanks Rob
mtbowen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Can you execute a macro instead? I have a "turn everything off" macro that I might like to use with the sleep timer.

Thanks,
Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not how things are at present, but maybe one of the extender writers could tap into the SLEEP code and make something work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: