JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie question - learning remotes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my two cents for what it is worth (which coincidently is about 2 cents since I have only been doing this stuff for a couple of weeks.)

There is a file in the JP1 files section called Pioneer VSX D710S. This is pretty darn close to your first device, VSX D711, so I am guessing it will work. I downloaded the file and opened it in keymap-master (which you can download here) and there are discrete on and off codes for this device.

So what you would do is
1. download both of those files into the same directory
2. also download IR into that directory
3. run KM (keymap-master, it is an excel spreadsheet, do you have excel?)
4. in KM, press the load key on the first page and click on the Pioneer VSX D710S file.
5. on the first page you can select from a list which learning remote you have (8810w is what i would buy, $19 at wal-mart.)
6. on the third page you pick which keys to assign which function. for example you might assign power-on to the numeral-1 key, and power-off to the numeral-2 key.
7. after saving the file (save button on page 1) you highlight the device upgrade box on page 1, then press the goto-IR button to start IR.exe, then in IR.exe you click file from drop down menu at the top, then click select and pick the remote you have (something like 8810w.rdf)
8. click the device tab, then click add, then click edit/paste (or ctrl-v) to paste the device upgrade box information you have on your clipboard from KM into IR.
9. go back to KM, copy what is in the protocol upgrade box.
10. go back to IR and click on the protocol tab, then click add, then click edit/paste (or ctrl-v) to enter the protocol information that you copied from KM.
11. save this file, connect your 8810w to your computer via the JP1 cable, then in IR click upload to remote, and now your remote has discrete-on and discrete-off on numeral-1 and numeral-2, and now you can use this to have the MX-500 learn discrete-on and discrete-off.

Most of this is covered in more detail in the "beginners guide to JP1"
JP1Files
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: