JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Hearty Recommendation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckhouston

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: A Hearty Recommendation Reply with quote

I want to heartily recommend buying hardware from the people who work hard on this and other JP1 sites.

I have had a very pleasant experience in dealing with Tom Arnold at jp1.filebug.com. I had a problem after installing one of his eeprom chips in my URC-6012. He volunteered that the chip might be bad and is sending me another one with apologies (I noticed he did the same on another post here). He also volunteered to pay for a new remote in case the new chip doesn't work. While I appreciate the integrity of his offer, I can't accept because I am responsible for correct installation and use of the chip.

This has renewed my faith that there are still some decent and honorable business people. I shouldn't have been surprised as I was. These people work hard to help ignorant people like me. And they apparently do so unselfishly because their prices are very fair. So I will never buy another remote or JP1 component but from them.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ken,
That's the encouragement! (Btw, take a peek at the return address when your chip arrives! Smile )
ckhouston

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
(Btw, take a peek at the return address when your chip arrives! )

It came today; like the packaging BTW. Tom had said his supplier may have sent wrong chips but he knew the new one was good, probably because it was from you.

Your cooperation to get me a new one shows me again that the main motive for you guys is to help. I want to mention, for others who may read this, that ya'll did all of this voluntarily in response to my simply asking Tom for help in getting the original to work. I wasn't sure that I hadn't done something wrong and he could easily have questioned that.

I will let Tom know how it went after I install it in a few days.

Thanks to you both!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Tom wrote to me for assistance when you reported having problems. I confirmed that he had ordered the right part number, but the part numbers that he read off the chips themselves were wrong, which does indeed mean that he was given the wrong parts.

The chip that I sent you came from the stash that I use to modify URC-6131 remotes, so I knew that they were good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: