JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Web Site Issues Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Web Site Issues Forum Reply with quote

I have moved all the posts that were really "web site issue" posts to the new forum.
mietde

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: pity Reply with quote

It's a pity this forum gets such a slow start Confused
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: pity Reply with quote

mietde wrote:
It's a pity this forum gets such a slow start Confused
It hasn't officially started yet. When I make the move from my current server to this server official, I will transfer the JP1 group from yahoo to here.
iskowitzsa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK just trying to get my feet wet with whats going on. This new group will actually be nine (9) groups in one, which splits off the different main topics of interest. Thats a nice touch to seperate the different levels of discussions going on.
What I have to get used to is being able to try to learn whats going on in the different goups and having to bounce back and pick up where I left off. Guess I will just have to wait and see how it works.
Really would like to see a files.photo section and am sure you folks are trying to figure that out. if not I guess we just have to go back to the Yahoo for files? Will miss the daily grouped messages from Yahoo that were really a plus.
Basically will miss Yahoo since in spit of the adds it worked for me. maybe splitting Yahoo into seperate groups but thats history.
Appreciate the effort that goes into this project, Keep it up. Stu

Ps just remembered another group my wife uses and each time she logged on it tells her what messages and threads are new or added too and the person can just review whats new-er. Any chance of a feature like that?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iskowitzsa wrote:
Ps just remembered another group my wife uses and each time she logged on it tells her what messages and threads are new or added too and the person can just review whats new-er. Any chance of a feature like that?
On the main page in the upper right corner is a link labeled "View posts since last visit" that will do what you're talking about.
Jim Kunz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a lurker who posts occasionally, but reads every post via the Email digest option. Often, I'm hitting the page down button to skip over posts regarding remotes or devices that I don't use, or dealing with IR stream encoding or other topics that are way over my head.

In my case, reading through a few 25-post Emails a day is easy and perfect. I learn about things that I'll need to research later, and sometimes, something gets stored in my long-term memory that I don't realize I care about until I buy that new DirecTivo unit and remember, "It seems like Rob had some JP1 remotes for sale that had all the PVR buttons on them...." Quick search, order it up, find those old posts that explained the *#$%*! key move behavior of that device, and I'm ready to learn some new tricks.

Also, I'm a little fearful of the (in)validity of this poll. Obviously, the only ones voting are those who've registered here. I've been putting it off, kinda hoping it might not happen. Also, if some of our truly inspired, generous and patient experts don't like the web-based forum, we might end up losing an awful lot if they don't come over here to help us out.

My $.02

Jim Kunz
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Kunz wrote:
Also, if some of our truly inspired, generous and patient experts don't like the web-based forum, we might end up losing an awful lot if they don't come over here to help us out.

I don't think the experts would abandon this forum, but you bring up a valid point if they don't come here on a regular (i.e. at least daily) basis. I myself use the Yahoo email option to respond at work since I can't always access the web from there.
Ellen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping up with the discussion at work via email is yet another in the list of reasons I prefer the Yahoo groups email option to any web based forum. I am very sorry to see it go away. Like Jim, I was hoping that this switch wouldn't happen. Very sad to see that it did Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: