JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with Sony STR-DE945 Receiver (control-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current code for "Execute" is Sony12:16:12, so I would try that first. I would guess Sony15:144:124 or Sony15:144:125 if that doesn't work. Sony15:144:119 is Cursor Mode. A Sony12:13 code is unlikely, since device 13 is exclusively tuner functions.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the manuals (acrobat 5 works best on Sony PDFs) I think I see the problem ; there is no "enter" signal sent from the remote to the receiver. The "enter" function on the original LCD remote works in one of three ways.

In modes like DVD , VCR , etc , it transmits the "enter" that corresponds to the device being controlled. Your DVD or TV or VCR's "enter" command for instance. It is a universal remote after all. See page 9 of the RMLJ304 manual , you'll see that it has no function in the "tuner" position.

It is used to select a menu selection on the Remote's own LCD display. See page 14 for some uses this way. For instance you use it to put the remote into VCR or DVD mode the same way you push a device key on a JP1 remote.

It is used to cause the remote to "execute" an internal menu selection. See page 15 for instance. When you select AFD or CINEMA ST. EX.C on the remote's LCD display and press "enter" it sends the discrete command for AFD or CINEMA ST.EX.C not an enter signal.

I do not believe that you can do a speaker setup with the remote and the front panel "enter" is used only for the display names on the receiver.

Rob , thanks for finding the manuals , I use the servicer's website where I get the service manuals but they don't have the Instruction Manuals and I keep forgetting that there is a consumer website too.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and to create signals for functions like Cinema, etc you'll need to use the Sony DSP protocol.
rickspindrift

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhm, Thanks for the ideas, but Sony12:16:12, Sony15:144:124 and Sony15:144:125 appear to be NOPs on the STR-DE945. 144;19 is the Menu button, placing the receiver into its setup mode.

Steve, what you say makes sense. I don't know if you can do a speaker setup with the original remote (since I don't have it), but I'd be surprised if you couldn't. All I need on mine is the Menu button (144;119) and Up, Down, Left and Right (144;120,121,122 and 123 respectively). After more investigation, I really don't need the "enter" key, as all it seems to do is exit the setup mode. This is also done by almost any other command, like pressing the current output device, or just letting it time out which it does if in setup and no button is pushed after a few seconds.

I think you're right about the operation of the remote. The only other button that would appear to do what I was looking for was the "execute" button, but page 7 of the RM-LJ304 manual seems to indicate that this is used only for dealing with the onscreen menu generated by a VCR, DVD, or Sat tuner that is being controlled by the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: