JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Identifying protocol/device # for a Revox B260 Tuner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sort it out when I have some time to play with this while at my home computer, I wasn't at home when I developed the upgrade so I had no way of testing it.
Eiffel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem... I'm in no rush at all.

Eiffel
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the second protocol I posted for you and basically it's a re-post of the first one. The good one is at work, so I'll have to write another one tomorrow. Stay tuned.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's a new upgrade, use both parts:

Upgrade Code 0 = 8F D0 (Video Acc/2000) Revox B260 tuner (KM v8.30)
DC 00 CE FE 78 49 C7 B7 A4 74 B4 34 D4 54 94 14
E4 64 88 08 D0 B0 20 E0 80 70 9A 5A 58 98 28 9C
FC C8 48 18 90
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 DC (S3C8+) Custom Protocol for Video Acc/2000 Revox B260 tuner (KM v8.30)
00 00 21 8B 13 C5 E5 40 05 06 00 0A 00 31 00 0A
00 80 E2 85 00 0A 00 D0 76 05 02 6B 02 20 01 8D
01 49
End

Assuming this works, my next question is, did you learn all of the buttons from the original remote? As I recall, this remote is supposed to support 3 or 4 different Revox devices, but there doesn't seem to be enough functions here to cover that. If there are indeed more buttons to be learned, please learn them and include them in the upgrade.
Eiffel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Congratulations... It works perfectly! If you ever have plans to travel by London, I'd gladly treat you for a beer (or even dinner).

Now, in terms of learning all the keys from the remote, there is a total of 75 different signals the remote can send, which is too much for one IR file, and I don't know which is the way you'd prefer to move forward:

- If there is a way for me to determine the OBC/EFC codes I'd be happy to complete a KM file with them
- Alternatively, I could generate a few .IR memory dumps for you to analyze
- Finally I could also teach all 75 signals in a single CCF file

FYI, this B208 remote can control the following devices

B250 amplifier (plus partial support for B251 and 281 amplifiers)
B260 FM tuner
B225 and B225 CD players
B291 and B791 turntables
B215 and B710 tape recorders (two tape recorders can be used simultaneously as there are two selectable channels)
B200 timer/scheduler/AV switcher
(it also works with the B209 and B206 audio distribution and the B2xx-S line... not bad for a mid 1980s remote)

In any event, I am willing to edit the RM files to change the names of each signal, as some of them don't have an obvious match on JP1 remotes.

Your word is my command Wink

Eiffel
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the way to learn that many buttons is to learn them in phases (of about 25 to 30 buttons, depending on when the memory runs out).

Once the memory is full, you should download and save, then delete all the learned signals, re-load and start with the next batch.

If all the signals show up as pid_002a you can use the KM file I created as a starting point. If the device codes are all 28 and 18, you can leave the setup sheet "as is", if you have other combinations, enter the main device code (ie, the one that occurs more frequently) as device 1 and the secondary device code as device 2. (Eg, 28 was the most common device code for the B260, so this is device 1, and 18 was the less common device code, so this was device 2).

Then, onto the Functions sheet. Enter the button name as it appears on the B208 remote (and maybe something in the Notes column decribing what it does, if it isn't obvious) and enter the OBC in the OBC column. If this button uses the less common device code (like the UP and DOWN buttons for the B260) enter a 1 in the byte2 column (ignore the fact that it's shaded, you can still enter).

Group the buttons into logical upgrades based on the device that they control. For example, create one complete upgrade for the B260 then move onto the next supported device.

If you find that a single device uses more than 2 device codes, let me know and I'll adjust the protocol so that it can handle up to 4 device codes.
Eiffel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I am making good progress with building a complete upgrade for the devices the B208 remote can control (B250 amplifier and related slave devices, B260 tuner, Vinyl player, CD player, Tape 1 and Tape 2), but I need help with the third protocol used by the remote:

All keys in the second shifted mode ("*" symbol) show as two pid_002A signals: the first one from device 0, the second one from device 30... I don't have any component which uses this protocol to test it, but I'd like to include these keys in the KM files I'll post, given the remote possibility that someone may need it)

The following file has a few such keys (Menu, Info, Down)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/B208%20-%20alternate%20tape%20player.IR

Thanks

Eiffel
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best guess is that they are trying to cover their bases by making this mode work two different tape players, one that needs device code 0 and another that needs device code 30. We see RCA and Sony remotes do this all the time.

Without either of us having a Revox tape player to test this with, there's no way we can be sure though.

The best I can suggest is that you create two upgrades, one with device code 0 and another with device code 30.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: