JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Icom's RC-12 Remote Control for IC-R7000 Comm. Receiver (?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original guy who promised to send me his remote never came through, but another guy stepped forward and his remote arrived yesterday.

Like John said, it uses a protocol that we've never seen before, so i can't just plug the results into KM and be done with, I'll need to create a brand new executor for it, which shouldn't be a problem, I just haven't had time yet. Hopefully I will get to this today.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here it is. The signals appear to be identical when I learn them so I'm hopefull that they will work. You can use the upgrade codes below to test it, then use this KM file if you want to re-arrange the buttons.

Please note that the way I have programmed this upgrade, any function assign the the CH+/-, VOL+/-, FFWD and REW buttons will repeat. This is relevant because the only buttons on the original remote that repeat are the VOL+/- and FREQ+/- buttons. So, I assigned the FREQ button to the CH buttons.

Upgrade Code 0 = 57 D0 (DAT/2000) Icom IC-R7000 (KM v8.30)
FF 00 F0 12 E6 F1 2D C4 24 04 14 A4 84 94 64 44
54 2C AC BC EC 6C 3C 7C 74 0C 34 B4 FC D4 CC 8C
F4 4C
KeyMoves
2F F3 57 D0 E4«dot»
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 00 FF (S3C8+)
46 A7 11 8B 0E 8D 02 08 08 05 07 00 00 00 00 04
F3 A0 BE E4 03 05 E4 04 06 E6 11 03 8D 01 46
End
jmgallego

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John and Rob:

Whoohoo!!! I just tested it and it works great!!! Very Happy

Thank you very much to both of you!! I owe both you BIG TIME!!! Very Happy
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't do anything on this one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it worked. I'd also like to give credit to Ken Jeffcoat (aka "KH2SL") from the "icomclassic" Yahoo group for loaning me his remote to capture the original signals.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should also mention the logic that I used for some of the button placements as it might make them easier to understand and remember.

The following buttons all start with the same letter:
FMn = Freeze
SSB = Swap
PS = PIP
MS = Move
Mch = Menu

FREQ+/- are on the CH+/- buttons. Seemed obvious, and they need to repeat, so these 2 buttons need to either be on CH+/- or FFWD and REW.

I programmed the DOT button to the +100 button because it's to the left of the ZERO button, like it is on the original remote.

I programmed the AM and FM buttons to the left and right arrow buttons, just seemed easy to remember.

That just leaves SPEECH, PRIO and CE which I programmed to GUIDE, LAST and EXIT for no particular reason, they just had to go somewhere! Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, what does the CE button do? Is it a CLEAR/EXIT type button?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John or Rob,

Please post the protocol definition for this. I am attempting to create a spreadsheet with all the protocol definitions that we have upgrades for and designating which ones decode in John's decoder.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I didn't save the PB file as I had to tweek the protocol by hand afterwards, but I just re-created it using PB's IMPORT function and have posted it here: Icom_IC-R7000_Ham_Radio_Receiver.txt

Basically, the format of the signal is dev-cmd-dev-cmd, which isn't a default option in PB or UEI protocols, so what I did was tell PB that I wanted 1 fixed byte and 3 variable bytes, all of 8 bits, then once I'd copied the code over to IR, I edited the 3rd byte from "13" to "11" (ie, making it 1 variable byte), then I added logic to copy the fixed (R03) and variable (R04) bytes to the 2 extra command bytes (R05 and R06) and to set the number of variable bytes back to 3 (ie, load #03 into R11). I did all this by hand in IR.exe so it's not really reflected in the PB file.

There's also the protocol I created in this thread for a Revox tuner. The signals were almost identical to those sent by the $00DC protocol, but they weren't close enough, so I had to edit the code. Furthermore, this device used 2 device codes, so I had to convert it into a mini-combo protocol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: