JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chicony keyboard?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketkarl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Chicony keyboard? Reply with quote

Anyone programmed the chicony wireless keyboard/mouse onto their remote? I don't see any references to it here or at yahoo jp1.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First are you SURE it is IR and not RF? If so learn the numerals to your OFA remote and try them. Make sure you are using the latest version of IR and deocodeIR.dll in your windows sytem directory.

Use a quick but firm tap for each key and release.

Does IR decode the signals?

If those work, post them in the files|dianosis area at the JP1 Yahoo group and tell us and I am sure one of us will take a look.
rocketkarl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its IR. I've learned several of the buttons, but am out of memory, until I get my JP1 cable, and can start replacing all my learned and moved keys (on all devices, not just PC) with new created devices in ROM.

I was just curious if others had had luck with IR decoding the learned buttons for this keyboard, and also how others chose to lay out the keys.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're putting the cart before the horse. Wait for your JP1 cable to arrive and then look at the learned commands. Normally speaking I'd say the chances of it being a known protocol are high, but IR keyboards can be tricky, but having said that we've already been put through the paces already by the Airboard, so the experts know what to look for.

If your keyboard uses an unknown protocol, chances are Jon will be back here looking for particulars to create a custom protocol just for you.
rocketkarl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about this thread, and posted my results over in the General forum. Basically, my IR file, Chicony.txt is in the diagnostic file section at Yahoo JP1. In the learned tab, everything marked CD is from the keyboard. I will try fresh batteries in both remotes tonight, and see whether I get a better lock on the protocals.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a prototype device upgrade that has only the key down commands. Usually that works fine with keyboards. It is posted back in diagniostics under Chicony KB-KM.txt. You will need to open in KM Master and copy both the Protocol AND device upgrade into your remote and assign CBL_1999 in the General Tab.

The only commands not on here are whatever was on FWD and REW. Those commands look quite different. Could you please learn them again and post them. To learn KB commands you need to start the learn (rapidly flashing LED) and then a quick press AND release of the key. Just a quick hard tap.

The rest of the keys are in the same place. Please let me know how this works.
rocketkarl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much! I'll give it a shot tonight.

FWD & REW were the right & left mouse buttons, which are built onto the keyboard. But, I could see how those might be different - and I don't really need them. I just put them in to cover the full gamut.
rocketkarl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what I've seen in JP1 stuff is great, and I can see and appreciate how much time and effort went into it all. But how you came up with those protocals from my IRdump - well, that appears to be magic! Thank you!

Almost all the buttons worked perfectly with your protocol. The only 2 that didn't (besides those 2 mouse buttons that were odd) were the ALT (menu) & window menu (guide) keys. I re-learned them (with fresh batteries) to the remote, along with HOME (frew), END (fwd), and a few more mouse movements: up (play), left (rec), right (pause), stop (down), left button (frew), right button (ffwd). I posted these in the diagnostic area as Chicony_IR2.txt. I also posted a modified version of your Chicony_KB_KM.txt file, with buttons relabeled appropriately.

I can't tell from the IR learned info, how to pick off the right OBC's to use for these other buttons. The OBC's that it comes up with don't work - at least not with that protocol. Does that mean this KB uses a combo-protocol of sorts?

Thanks again for your wizardry!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be useful to cover keyboard basics. Each key has two commands DOWN and UP. There is only one "a" key. "A" is shift-"a" to do a shift anything; the command sequence is shift-down, a-down, a-up, and shift-up for a total of 4 keystrokes. ctrl-alt-delete would be ctrl-down, alt-down, del-down, del up, alt-up and ctrl-up. Since the device being controlled generally executes when del-down is sent, the rest of the commands are moot.

To get the UP command, you will need to create a second device upgrade but you need only change the device 1 setting in KM Master| setup tab from 1 to 0 in Cell C9. Change it's name to CBL_1998 or something different. You will also need to copy this device upgrade to IR but the protocol is the same for both so you only need one copy.

Perhaps this explains why the Alt key appears not to work. For the Alt key make a macro for the compound key the sequence as described above.

I think the Windows Menu key needs an UP command issued after the Down command. You will need to create a Macro for the Windows menu key that is Windows Menu Key DOWN | Windows Menu Key UP, and that should make it work. I have updated the added some keys and updated the Protocol the KM Master file just posted in the diagnosis section Chicony_KB_KM.txt. This new protocol shortens the lead out time to allow for the proper interval between commands using a macro.
digitalcujo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: chicony IR keyboard debug help Reply with quote

I learned how to get my radio-shack remote to learn from the Chicony IR keyboard. The remote can now send the learned keyboard signals successfully, but as many others have mentioned, I ran out of memory quickly. I’m currently stuck trying to get the JP1 software to load the chicony IR keyboard protocol in a format that the receiver with listen to.
Here are the steps I took:
1) I downloaded the IR software and KM spreadsheet and loaded the following file into the spreadsheet software…
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=304

2) Within the spreadsheet I mapped the “cable” buttons to the learned keys, and loaded them up into the remote as cable “1999”.
3) When I try to send the signals from the remote, the IR port doesn’t respond at all to any keys.
4) To make sure I’m doing the whole process correctly, I learned the volume control from my sony TV remote, and then re-mapped the learned volume button to the cable button “zero” in IR software, and the TV does respond to my re-mapped key. This experiment tells me that I’m going through most of the process successfully.

I’m not sure how to proceed, so I posted the remotes memory dump to the diagnosis area, and I was hoping one of you could point me in the right direction.

1. Device: ir keyboard
2. Type of device: Chicony kb-0005
3. Remote model: learning remote: radioshack 15-2115
4. JP1 user? yes
5. Still have original remote? yup, I have the original ir keyboard.
6. Checked Yahoo file section? yes, used: Chicony_KB-KM3.txt
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no

Diagnosis File: irchicony_chicony.txt

Everything in the "SAT" section is learned from the keyboard.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please also post a copy of the IR file you are using that has the device and protocol upgrades installed, so that we can see that you did that correctly.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: chicony IR keyboard debug help Reply with quote

digitalcujo wrote:
2) Within the spreadsheet I mapped the “cable” buttons to the learned keys, and loaded them up into the remote as cable “1999”.

You lost me with this comment. Are you saying that you used the Cable device type with a setup code of 1999 (which is what the upgrade is already set for)? And what do you mean by mapped buttons to the learned keys?

When you opened the upgrade in KM, did you also select the proper remote to match your model on the Setup sheet (the upgrade is for a URC-9910)?
digitalcujo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the responses!

I uploaded the IR file to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/irchicony_chicony.txt

In my first post I was trying to say that the chicony device code I downloaded from the JP1 website changes the default device type in the spreadsheet to "cable" and setup code to "1999". I also made sure that I changed the remote type in cell C:2 to my remote type 15-2117/15-2116. After I copied the upgrade code and protocol code to the IR program and then uploaded it to the remote, my remote shows that shows the setup code for cable is set to 1999 in the LCD display.

As for my comment about "mapped buttons to the learned keys", I misspoke about the learned keys. I ment that I made sure that the remote buttons were correctly mapped to functions in the "buttons" worksheet.

here is the "setup" worksheet C2:C23 (the only part I changed is the remote type):
Remote: 15-2117 / 15-2116
Device Type: Cable
Setup Code: 1999
Button Codes: OBC
SURR = Select: NO

Protocol Name: Manual Settings
Device1: 1
Device2:
Device3:
Raw Fixed Data:

Protocol ID: 01 77
Fixed Data: 80
Manual Settings
PID:
2nd Cmd Byte: None
Signal Style: LSB
Bits/Dev: 8
Bits/Cmd: 8
digitalcujo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opps, I forgot to mention the URL of the protocol upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=304
digitalcujo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: This weekend I was able to download the upgrade code for my cable box (motorola DCT 2000) and program my remote with it (via JP1). Since this upgrade work flawlessly on my remote, I know that I’m on the right track as far as using the IR.exe/KM to program my remote with upgrade code. This leads me to think that something in the chicony protocol isn't working with my model of IR keyboard.
How do I go about decoding the learned codes to figure out how the difference between the learned code and upgrade code? Does anyone have a good example thread/website that I could learn from?
thanks in advanced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: