JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need input 7 discrete for Sony TV 0000 group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcelval

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Need input 7 discrete for Sony TV 0000 group Reply with quote

I just got a new Sony HDTV and I am using the HDMI input number 7. The discretes listed for TV group 0000 only go up to 6 Sad

Any chance someone here knows what the discrete for input 7 in this group is?

Thanks for any help!
-Marcel
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loking at http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/ in the TV section shows some possible codes but it doesn't look like a basic advanced code will work. You'll probably need to create a device upgrade. ( I don't want to create it - I couldn't test it) Code 0000 seems to use protocol Sony 12 or 15 - device 1 while the codes you need will have to be "device 164"
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually TV/0000 is a mix of device 1 and device 164, but the device code needed for the VIDEO7 button is 151, which isn't covered by any built in setup codes.

As this question was posted in the non-JP1 forum, I'm assuming the user is not a JP1 user, therefore there's no way to make your remote go to VIDEO7 I'm afraid, as it would take JP1 to make that happen.
marcelval

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'm not sure I followed all of it though!

I don't have a jp1 remote. I use a Home Theater Master M500, and an All In One to learn the advanced codes into the MX500. I have been using the device 0000 advanced codes to set the TV input via macros. I tried sending the 151 code to the TV (OAI setup as device 0000). It did not change the input but rather toggles something called "Clear Edge VM" to one of 4 modes. I know sending random codes to the TV can be dangerous as it may trigger some unexpected function so I don't want to try searching for the code (if it even exists).

How do the codes listed on that sony page relate to advanced codes in the AIO? It doesn't seem like the advanced codes listed under device 0000 match the codes listed on that page

I will try to send an email to Sony tech support to see if they can help (although I doubt they will). In the mean time I will just setup a macro that switches to input 6 and then triggers a standard input toggle command. Not as elegant, but it should work.

If there is any more info you can share with me I'd appreciate it.
Thanks again.
-Marcel
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about my previous info , I tend to look at all posts without checking which forum they are in. I was thinking that the DVD (EFC 072) or one of the HD inputs (EFC 041,037,170) might work. I didn't scroll down far enough to see the entries in the 151 device sections.

If you look near the bottom of the Sony code page there is a link on how to convert the numbers to OneForAll EFC numbers.

Rob wasn't talking about an advanced code "151" (setup - 1 - 5 - 1) but a new device # built into a JP1 upgrade ; which may not mean much to a non-JP1 user. There apparently are no current OneForAll remotes that can generate the needed advanced code.

On Sony TVs you need to press two additional keys to write a setup change into memory. As long as you stay away from the enter and mute keys then accidental setup changes will be gone after a power down or power removal. Customer controls (anything accessable from the normal menus) won't have this restriction however.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcelval wrote:
I don't have a jp1 remote.

Then the bad news is that you're not going to be able to re-create the VIDEO7 button. The best you can do is go to VIDEO6 and then use INPUT or TV/VCR (or whatever button scrolls thru the inputs) to get to VIDEO7

marcelval wrote:
I tried sending the 151 code to the TV

As Zaph explained, I was referring to the 151 DEVICE code, not advanced code. The 151 advanced code, when used with TV/0000, corresponds to to OBC 077 with device code 164, which according to the Sony site is the "SVM Toggle" function.

marcelval wrote:
I know sending random codes to the TV can be dangerous as it may trigger some unexpected function so I don't want to try searching for the code (if it even exists).

The code does exist, as I explained, it's just that without JP1 you can't re-create it. Also, Sony codes are very well documented in the Sony page that we linked to, so I don't think you'll find any expected codes even if you do go searching.

marcelval wrote:
How do the codes listed on that sony page relate to advanced codes in the AIO? It doesn't seem like the advanced codes listed under device 0000 match the codes listed on that page.

What's an "AIO"? The command codes listed on the Sony page are what we call OBCs (Original Button Code), whereas advanced codes are EFCs (Extended Function Codes). To convert from one to the other click on the "How to use these codes with an OFA remote" link on the Sony front page.

marcelval wrote:
I will try to send an email to Sony tech support to see if they can help (although I doubt they will).

Sony won't be any help, save yourself the trouble.

marcelval wrote:
If there is any more info you can share with me I'd appreciate it.

Sure, the best advice I can give you is to invest a further $14 in your system and buy yourself a JP1 cable. You haven't mentioned which OFA remote you're using, so I don't know whether it's JP1 compatible or not. If it isn't you should invest a further $19 and get the URC-8811 remote, then use it to teach your MX-500. I can sell you both of these items.
marcelval

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks guys!

I think I am up to speed, well as far as I'll get anyway... lots of different codes and abreviations!

I would love to get into the JP1 thing, but I don't have a PC. Yes, I'm one of those Mac guys, and last I checked there was no software related to JP1 for Mac (although it's been a while since I looked into it).

Anyway, as I said I can just use the advanced code for input 6 and then a regular input toggle to get to 7 in my macro, not really a big deal.

Thanks for all your help, you guys are great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: