JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dishnetwork 301 (code 0775)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flipwood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Dishnetwork 301 (code 0775) Reply with quote

are there power discretes for this device? i see several upgrades in the file section but i didn't know what was included. TY
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using KM I looked at 2116 Dish 301 Dev 1 1775.txt, DishNetwork Satellite.txt and Echostar-DishNetwork-SAT-0775.txt and these files only show a power toggle key, no discrete power keys.

I am not sure but I would think that trying all the EFCs might be the fastest way to determine that the codes do not exist. I did this for my RePlayTV looking for discrete "Input 1" "Input 2" codes, and I sadly discovered that no discrete exists for Inputs.

To do this, as you may already know, you press your device key (SAT) so that you are using the correct protocol, then turn on your DISH 301, then you spend about 30 minutes doing the following:
SET-000
SET-001
SET-002
SET-002
SET-254
SET-255

If your device turns off, you have found a power toggle or a power off discrete. If you do find a discrete power off EFC, then you get to do it all again with the DISH 301 off this time looking for an EFC power on discrete. Do some stretching exercises with your fingers first to limber up as this is pretty hard on the finger joints Smile

Good Luck!
JP1Files
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could use the EFC's that are known to work http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2041#2041

flipwood, I don't remember what remote you are using, but those EFC's will work as stated for the 15-1994 and URC-7800. For newer remotes, those EFC's will not select alternate system addresses, but any On or Off command WILL work for System address 1 (the default).

IIUC, most Dish units that will work using SAT_0775 do NOT respond to discrete power commands. So, if they do respond it will be one of those EFC's.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am toooooo lazy to do it that way. I usually build a device upgrade and put the TEST efc's on the number keys 10 at a time and cycle through them that way skipping the known codes.
flipwood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon,

What is the adress 1,2..etc. for. Can i test these by manually inputing them with my 15-2116?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Address 1 is the default. You can apparently have 15 different addresses and then there is One address that is like an all units command. Consequently, you could control 15 different dish units individually. In earlier remotes you could control multiple units with SAT_0775. Now, you can't with a 2116/7 but any On and Off command will work. It just ignores the system address bits.

So, yes you can manually input them without a cable for that matter.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Dish PVR 501, a sister unit to the non-PVR 301, the following discretes work just fine:

discrete on 242
discrete off 174

Have you tried these?
flipwood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

174 & 242 work....thanks to all
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: