JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Setup help for URC6131 and Onkyo TXSR501

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meatpants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Setup help for URC6131 and Onkyo TXSR501 Reply with quote

Sorry, I've spent the morning looking through the advanced code section and the JP1 group but still need some help.

I have my 6131 programmed to control my Onkyo receiver using setup code 0135. The only function I can't access is switching the input to DVD - using the number keypad switches between every function (tuner, Video 1, Video 2, etc) except for DVD.

My other desire is to control the receiver's volume while in DVD mode on the remote, so that I don't have to switch modes to control the volume while watching a disc.

Thanks in advance for helping this noob!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onkyo uses two NEC1 device codes for their receivers, those being 210.108 and 210.109

The NEC1 210.109 device code is covered by AMP/0135 and the NEC1 210.108 device code is covered by AMP/0842, which is present in the URC-6131.

Most of the inputs come from the AMP/0135 setup code, but the DVD input comes from the AMP/0842 setup code, and it just happens to be assigned to the '0' button.

So, what you need to do is program AMP/0842 to the AUD button, then copy (ie, keymove using the 994 function) the '0' button to whichever button you would like it programmed to. If you actually want it to remain on the '0' button, you can program the "advanced code" 060 to this button. Then, re-program the AUD button back to AMP/0135 and you'll be all set.

Just FYI, there is also a combo code that combines functions from both device codes into one setup code, which is AMP/1298, but it doesn't look like this code includes the DVD button.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more functions that you can get from the AMP/0842 setup code:

245 DSP +
249 DSP -
170 power-off
036 stereo
040 surround
038 THX
107 menu
100 exit
104 display
060 DVD
060 num 6
110 Re-EQ
114 enter
Meatpants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, your info was right on the money. Thanks again! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: