JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

setup help of URC 4021 with Apex AD-2600 DVD Player*Done!*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tconn wrote:

2) Hold SET, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap SET
5) Type 123 (advance code)
6) Tap PLAY, 2 flashes (did not get the two flashes)

There is a time limit per key during steps 2 through 6. If you pause too long (such as looking up the number before step 5) the sequence is cancelled.

I think the limit is about ten seconds (not sure exactly) so it isn't even an issue if you know the whole sequence as you start it, but it is a definite problem if you stop in the middle to reread instructions.

There is no specific total time limit for the entire sequence. It is independent per keystroke within the sequence.
tconn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am under the 10 second mark..
I just need to know exactly what to do from start to finish. after setting the DVD device code. (done)
All the buttons are doing strange things like on screen DVD volume, and not getting programed in.
A nice little straight forward walkthrough from A to Z (including the need to erase existing advance codes etc.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tconn wrote:
I entered the DVD/0782 to the device button. It flashed twice

OK, so far so good. This verifies that this code is in fact in the remote (the manual's aren't always correct), so that's good.

tconn wrote:
I tried doing the
1) Tap DVD
2) Hold SET, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap Play twice
To clear all and program my buttons.

Just to be clear, that sequence will ONLY clear the PLAY button, nothing else. If you programmed any other buttons using 994, you will either have to clear them manually, or use the 980 command that I mentioned earlier.

tconn wrote:
I tried testing an advanced code using the SETUP+nnn method. When I did that 123 did make the dvd play, but that's it.

tconn wrote:
PLAY itself works the volume

This setup code wasn't designed to work your player, it's just a coincidence that it happens to use the same type of signals, so the fact that some buttons perform the wrong function is totally to be expected.

tconn wrote:
I then tried the
1) Tap DVD
2) Hold SET, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap SET
5) Type 123 (advance code)
6) Tap PLAY, 2 flashes (did not get the two flashes)

That is the correct sequence, so first things first, as John suggested, make sure you're not letting it time out. You do only have 10 seconds between each step to move onto the next step. I know that the URC-4041 accepts advanced codes because the lady in this thread has successfully used them.

Here's another idea. Try out each of the standard buttons using the DVD/0782 code to see what they really do. You mentioned that PLAY really works the volume, so assuming you mean VOL+ here's another way you could program the actual VOL+ button (instead of using advanced codes)

1) Tap DVD
2) Hold SET, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap PLAY,
5) Tap VOL+

This sequence will take the function assigned to the PLAY button and play a copy of it on the VOL+ button. So when the sequence in complete, both buttons should perform the same function, which in this case is "volume up". This sequence would work even if you have already overlaid the PLAY button with some other advanced code.

tconn wrote:
I want to keep it simple, so I ask (I feel stupid) but whatever. Step by step from after I set up the DVD/0782 (which I have done) to every step after that to program the remote. Leave no detail missed if possible, but only what I need to know. Sorry guys, but I am so close to having this done!!!!!

You have the right sequence, so just try it again and do it a little quicker this time. Good luck.
tconn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

) Tap DVD
2) Hold SET, 2 flashes
3) Type 998, 2 flashes (do I do this code everytime, as I enter a new advance code, or just once to clear all programmed codes?)
**If I do not need to, should I skip step #3 all together?**
4) Tap SET
5) Type 123 (advance code) or whaever other code I am trying.
6) Tap PLAY, (or whatever button I am assigning) 2 flashes
Is this the correct procedure to enter/assign advance codes to specific buttons...If so, I wil start again from scratch.

If I do not need to do step 3 everytime, what would be the exact steps to enter in advance codes, after starting at the beginning?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the "998" a typo?

You use 994 for a KeyMove (assigning either an advanced code or a predefined Key to another key).

Each KeyMove you define requires the whole sequence of steps 2 through 6. Step 1 can be omitted when it is still in effect from a previous press.

We've given the exact steps several times in this thread. I don't know why it's not working for you.
tconn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 998 was a typo. I meant 980
I would use the 980 command to clear out all keymoves. (Step # 3)
I guess 994 only clears the *play* button when using DVD/0782

I don't know why I am not getting this either. As have said before, I am usually very good at this sort of thing, and have never needed help in this area before, though this is a little tricky...I will get it.

Thanks, and sorry for frustrating you guys.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tconn wrote:
Yes 998 was a typo. I meant 980.

Was 980 a typo also? When you mentioned 998 in your previous post, you used it in the sequence where 994 was the correct code to use.

As I stated before, the sequence to clear all keymoves, macros, etc is this...

1) Hold SET, 2 flashes
2) Type 980, 2 (or 4) flashes

that's it.

You would then need to use the complete "994" sequence to program the advanced codes to each button. The only step that you can skip is the pressing of the DVD button (ie, step 1).
tconn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it....Trust me I WILL get it to work!

Thanks again.
tconn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it!!

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was not entering 994 everytime I wanted to assign a code. Duh! So I started from scratch, and I have entered every code I wanted, and theyall work perfectly!!
Thanks a lot guys!! You rock!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: