JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Receiver/Amplifier Sansui-RZ6800AV & VCR - Akai VS-425EA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Receiver/Amplifier Sansui-RZ6800AV & VCR - Akai VS-425EA Reply with quote

Hi all,

Subject didn't fit in the field :-) Start again:

I am looking for the device codes (or better JP1 upgrade files) for the following devices:
1) Audio Receiver/Amplifier - Sansui-RZ6800AV
2) VCR - Akai VS-425EA

I have checked up the existing database, but neither of the two is there.

The JP1 remote I have is OFA URC8811.

If someone please can help with those codes, it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

BTW, I have original remotes for both devices, working fine. Can that help?

Thanks again,
:-DS
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a learning remote. Learn a few signals from each of your original remotes, then download from the remote with IR and look to see how the learned signals get decoded. That should help a lot.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a large selection of Akai VCRs in CCF files at Akai VCRS at RC.

Those don't match your exact model, but probably include a match for the codes you need.

Most of those are NEC2:137.119 and at least one is NEC1:137.119 (with the same function numbers). But there are some that aren't 137.119, so if that doesn't match don't give up.

Setup code VCR/0315 is NEC1:137.119 with the right function numbers, so it would work moderately well even for the models that use NEC2. BUT it is not included in the 8811.

If you have a JP1 cable, Greg's answer is sufficient, but you may find using DecodeCCF on some of those CCF files will be less work and/or give more complete results.

Without a JP1 cable there is no built-in setup code that will work, but you probably could get prettly close by sending the remote in to have VCR/0315 added as an upgrade.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

It looks that there is no readily available updates, so I use learning capabilities of 8811, right?

Is there a guide as to how exactly transfer the learnt codes to the device codes using IR.EXE or KM? That is, how do I assign the particular button of the particular device to the one of the learnt buttons?

Remember, I am new to this. I have no probs with technical stuff, it's just a matter of finding a right source of info. Could you point me to one pls?

Appreciated,
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
Is there a guide as to how exactly transfer the learnt codes to the device codes using IR.EXE or KM? That is, how do I assign the particular button of the particular device to the one of the learnt buttons?

Sure...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at a single learned signal in IR.EXE and it is NEC2:137.119, then it is a very good bet that the rest also match most of those CCF files.

If you're comfortable with sorting, copying and pasting in Excel, it can be a lot easier to copy all the relevent functions from DecodeCCF output into a KM or RM upgrade in bulk, than to copy OBC numbers (and type function names) one at a time from IR's learned signals tab. But either method is easy enough it shouldn't be viewed as an obstacle.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now created the upgrades for both devices in subject and will upload those into the Files section soon.

Regards
digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one CCF file that largely matches your upgrade (device 137, no subdevice). But a few of the differences between that and your upgrade made me curious.

That CCF has a few commands with a subdevice of 114 (Menu, Prog, clock, OK and the 4 arrow keys). You have the entire upgrade with no subdevice. You have the PRGM key with the same OBC as the CCF has for PROG, so I assume it is the same key. Does the PRGM key in your upgrade work, or did you miss a subdevice in copying the decodes? What do you use for arrow keys (once you're in a PRGM or MENU mode)?

I also notice you called one "blank button". Did you test what it does? The CCF file says that OBC is the SP/LP button (toggles which recording mode will be used the next time you press record).
digital_silence

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the upgrade, I used the function names exactly as per the button labels on the original remote. Some of the buttons have more than one lable, they are colour coded. Secondary labels are listed in the Description/Notes column of the upgrade.

I'll try to answer your questions one by one.

1) PRGM and Clock functions in the upgrade work fine from 8811, so I guess no Subdevice code is involved in my case.

2) There are no Menu, OK, or arrow keys in the original remote. Moving between the items is done using Shift>/Shift< keys, and changing values is done using numeric keys. MEMO/Set button acts as OK.

3) Blank button (on the original RC) does NOT do anything. There is no LP/SP selection for this VCR (it does not support LP)

Hope this helps,
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, i have a suggestion. You should create an upgrade that uses sub device code 114 to test if any of these functions work. If you're lucky, you might find that your device supports real arrow buttons. You'll need the EFC codes, so maybe John will post those as he has decoded the CCF already.

Could you explain a little better how the SHIFTed navigation works? If you mean that you have to press SHIFT and then use the numeric buttons to navigate, where 2 = up, 4 = left, 6 = right, etc) then I've got good news, I wrote a special protocol to handle this for some Apex players that also use this stupid feature. If this is how yours works, I'll tell you what to do.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBC EFC name
79 042 Menu
95 234 Prog
21 120 Up
18 119 Down
75 043 Left
30 246 Right
80 101 OK
81 105 Clock
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Could you explain a little better how the SHIFTed navigation works? If you mean that you have to press SHIFT and then use the numeric buttons

If you look at the file he posted, it will be clear that he does not mean that.

There is a key whose name is "Shift<". There is another key whose name is "Shift>".
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll follow your suggestion Rob, and will post the outcome here.

John's already answered the other question of yours for me. There are two buttons next to each other, and the label <SHIFT> just between them. The whole thing looks something like this:

<SHIFT>
[B1] [B2]

So, of those two buttons, the left hand side one moves the cursor to the left and right hand side one moves it to the right. The actual value change is done using the numeric keys. There is no direct up/down cursor movement, it jumps to the next line as you finish setting the previous line.

Regards

PS By the way, where do I read more about what device subcode is?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
PS By the way, where do I read more about what device subcode is?

There's really nothing to read. Some signals have one device code in them, others have two. When there's 2 we call the second one the sub-device.

In the case of NEC signals, there's always space for 2 device codes in the IR stream, but when we say there's no sub-device what we really mean is the sub-device is the complement of the main device code. Whenthis is the case, the executor code takes care of it for you, you don't need to supply the sub-device code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: