JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Updated RDF's, and RM Maps and Images v1.17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
I don't know if this applies , but what would happen if you opened a posted file from the Yahoo groups and there was no RDF to match the poster's upgrade on your computer ? When I open a Keymaster file with RemoteMaster , it asks me to choose between a limited selection of remotes. Does it get these from the RDFs or is it internal to RM ?

RM uses the RDFs. Rather than presents the list of all known remotes (all the RDFs), it picks a subset that in some way matches the name KM stored in the upgrade file.

If you can't find a match, you can press the Cancel button, and RM will abort the import. This means that you can't use the device upgrade because you don't have the RDF for the remote the creator of the upgrade used, even though you are using a completely different remote for which you do have the RDF.

One feature that I added to RM a while ago is support for "preferred remotes." As a user you can create a list of preferred remotes, and RM will only include these remotes in the drop-down box for selecting the remote used for the upgrade. It reduces the amount of scrolling significantly.

The problem with using file time stamps for keeping track of versions is that they change if the user touches the file. Also, some unzip tools (either as an option or by default) set the time stamp to the time when the unzip happened, as opposed to the original time stamp of the file.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: