JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Odd behavior with Philips VCR/DVD combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Odd behavior with Philips VCR/DVD combo Reply with quote

OK, this one has me scratching my head. First the device seems like just two things bolted together. The DVD commands in the remote are RC6 and the VCR commands are RC5. I can deal with that. I've learned all of the codes and buit an upgrade but I can't make one of the keys work, the one that tells the device to send its output to the TV from the DVD or the VCR (this is a toggle that I want to do a ToadTog for, but making the function work right is the issue rightnow)

For some reason, the output from both KM and RM build this one key wrong. The learned OBC for this thing is 084 but the output from both the KM and the RM upgrades set it at 20. Both turn into (it looks) like the same hex codes (0xAC) but for some reason the upgrades don't work and the original remote does.

I've uploaded a file to the diagnostics area called philips810.zip. It contains the following files:

1: Philips810.IR/txt this has some learned info in it. On TV/1 is the learned key from the 6131 from the RM upgrade. On TV/2 is the learned key from the original remote and on TV/3 is the learned key from the 6131 using the KM upgrade (KM 8/26, RM 1.04 if it matters) Therse were learned on an RCU810 (hence the name)

2: 6131.IR/txt is the remote that I'm trying to work with. IT has two upgrades in it VCR 1001 is the RM version of the upgrade, VCR/1002 is the KM version of the upgrade for the VCR portion of the Philips combo.

3: Philips.txt is the KM file that generated the VCR 1002 upgrade in the above remote.

What's odd here is that in KM, the OBC is entered as 084 but the key comes out to be 020. In RM, if I enter the OBC as 084 it immediately turns it into a 020.

help!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/philips810.zip

(this is my first attempt at doing a link to a yahoo group, be kind!)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the only command whose OBC is greater than 63?

I don't recall how that combo protocol handles OBCs greater than 63. It might be tricky or it might be just broken.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RC5 with protocol 00E8 you need to deal with OBC>63 differently. In KM make device 2=105 in the setup tab. In the functions tab put a 1 in the byte2 column adjacent to OBC=84.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: that was it! Reply with quote

guess I should have read the protocol notes in the RM window, duh...

That was the ONLY code with OBC>63 so I was sure that I wasn't getting something right.

BTW, RM does a fairly good job of handling this as well.

thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: