JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cannote find advance codes for my Panasonic VCR!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Cannote find advance codes for my Panasonic VCR! Reply with quote

Hi all.

None of the setup codes from my One For All manual would work on my 10 year old Panasonic VCR so I followed the instructions on how to search the code and I found it, apparently it's 0677 but now I cannot find the advance codes for this listing, in fact I don't find this listing at all!

I don't know what to do!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is wrong with the way you tested the standard setup codes.

VCR/0677 is mainly a subset of the standard Panasonic VCR commands in many other setup codes in the family with VCR/0162.

Only the menu button in VCR/0677 fails to match the corresponding key of VCR/0162. Every other key either matches between VCR/0677 and VCR/0162 or is missing from VCR/0677.

Almost any upgrade or setup code you find for a Panasonic or Quasar VCR will have the commands in VCR/0677 (plus many commands missing from VCR/0677).

The basic set of advanced codes are here
http://hifi-remote.com/codes2/VCR_0162.shtml

But you'll find a better list in a typical upgrade
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should re-test the codes listed for Panasonic VCRs, given that John has determined that you're using the regular panasonic command set, one of the following setup codes will almost certainly be a complete match to your VCR: 1162, 1262, 1062

If you find a good match, but still need to program a few more functions (such as TAPE SPEED, etc) then you should use the advanced codes linked to above. To use these codes, you would first need to change the programmed setup code back to VCR/0162, then program the buttons, then re-program it back to VCR/1162 (or whichever one you decided upon).
Jess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok can you explain a little clearer? We're in a hurricane here and I'm so tired so maybe I am not getting it Smile

I can tell you that I tried the codes for 0162 and was able to use a few of them.

Are you saying that my VCR setup code isn't 0677 at all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: